Injured my knee during a hockey game tonight, NEED ADVICE!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Accord, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accord

Accord New Member

Okay, I had a game tonight (I scored the game tying goal BTW :x: ).

When I was skating my knee pads slid down my leg because I didn't tape them up well enough but I didn't really think much of it... that is until I got tripped in the 3rd period. I fell right onto my left knee which had no padding at all, my knee directly hit the ice. When I got up I seriously couldn't put any weight on it at all and it took a few minutes before I was able to skate again.

During my next shift I went out there and anytime I put weight on it and pushed off with my left foot, my left knee was killing me. When I was on the bench though not moving my leg or anything it didn't hurt. I'm sitting here at my PC right now and my knee doesn't hurt at all, but if I get up and start walking it HURTS LIKE A BITCH. I assume that I just bruised my knee.

So I have two questions:

1) Tomorrow we're running a mock PFT test at my recruiters office and I can't pussy out of it, that means i'm going to have to run 3 miles. I can run through the pain no problem, but is this okay?

2) What's the best thing I can do for my knee to help it heal quicker? When I got home the first thing I did was put an ice pack on it and took an advil, but i'm not sure what else I can do.

Thanks

2. pckt10s

pckt10s New Member

ice 20mins on, off 1 hour, repeat as many times as possible. Also elevate your leg, and do not put heat on it. A shower is ok, jacuzzi is bad

3. Accord

Accord New Member

Thanks.

Is it okay for me to run 3 miles tomorrow?

4. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

Dude, even a doctor couldnt tell you that without an examination. :rolleyes:

5. pckt10s

pckt10s New Member

If its just a contusion, which it seems to be, the only thing that would limit you is the pain. However, if there is ligament damage, which is unlikley due to the mechanism of you just falling on it, it would be a problem cus it would be unstable.

It might throb a little but, you will be able to tell if you can run three miles or not, I guarantee.

6. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.