A&P Infrared FILM questions!!!! :hyper:

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Ingen, May 3, 2005.

1. Ingen

Ingen New Member

Alrighty, I've decided (much to the glee of my photography teacher) to shoot the upcoming school contest film in infra red rather than on black and white film. He loaned me a 25a red filter (does anyone know the exposure compensation I'll need for that?) to use with it, but I still have to get film. I've heard a ton about kodak HYE or HYI or something of that sort, but I'm not sure. Which film should I get? I'd love a lowish ISO speed because I'm gonna try to enlarge these.

Also, I know you have to load it in the dark. Do I have to unload the camera in the dark as well, or can I just pop the film out? How about when I take it to be developed?

Neither of my lenses have an IR focus point, so which direction should I assume to switch teh focus to? Or just use an ultra-huge depth of field and hope I'm close?

How do you meter for IR film?

I know I could look all of this stuff up, but I only have a week to do this contest and I'd love to start the shooting tomorrow morning (meaning I need to have the filmness tonight) So if you could help me out with all of this I'd really appreciate it <3 Hell, I might even post the pics :noes: :hyper:

2. insomnia

insomnia New Member

Shouldn't the film wrap into itself after the roll is complete? Should be able to pop it out like normal :dunno:

in for answers though :hyper:

3. Ingen

Ingen New Member

answer answer answer!!!! :hyper: x 1000

C'mon, seriously. Some of ya HAVE TO KNOW, so share your knowledge.