GUN Info on a Parker-Hale Pro Stalker

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Etherized, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Etherized

Etherized Active Member

I'm looking into getting a varmit rifle, and I was wondering if anyone knew much about the Parker-Hale rifles. The only rifle they offer if the pro stalker in .243 and .308, bolt action only.

Most of the business Parker Hale does these days is in making barels and air guns -- but they used to make sniper rifles for the British millitary. I saw one on the forum a bit back and it looked to be a pretty nice rifle.

If anyone knows anything about the rifle, I was wondering how it would compare to a Remington 700 VLS or a Browning A bolt varmiter.

Thanks for any replies.
    Oh here is a pic of the Parker-Hale. I belive it is Trouser Trout's rifle.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  2. Trouser Trout

Trouser Trout OT Supporter

Yeah, that's my baby. It shoots really well, but the barrel twist is an issue at times. Because it has a slower twist than most modern rifles, you pretty much have to handload everything. The only cartridges that I've found that work decently are the Winchester Supreme 95gr. That said, handloaded cartridges seem to work well, but it required alot of trial and error. I also had a hard time finding a scope base that actually fit. I bought several different kinds, and ended up machining a set. If you buy one, make absolutely sure that it comes with Parker Hale bases. If you have any questions, gimme a shout :hs:

Hope I didn't scare you off, it's a great gun.

3. Etherized

Etherized Active Member

Thanks for the info!