Info about Clearkote's new carnuba wax

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Scottwax, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I talked to Everett today. The wax will be available within 30 days. He is waiting on labels and one more ingredient so he can start production. It will run about the same as a bottle of Moose Wax ($20 or so), but you will get more uses than with the MW since is it is a pure wax and you are not using it to also clean and prep the surface. I got a 4 oz sample that has so far been enough for 7 vehicles (including the Excursion) plus twice on my own car. I have what looks to be slightly less than 1 oz left. Based on that, I'd say you should get a good 25-30 (depending on vehicle size) wax jobs per 16 oz bottle. Not including shipping, that means around 50-75 cents a wax job.

Clearkote will also be offering a premium wash mitt that is about 9" x 10" and 3" thick. I haven't seen it yet though. They will also be offering slightly larger MF towels than the ones they carry now that will run around 3 for $8 or $9. If they are as soft as the ones they sell now (2 for $8 though, a little pricey), then at $3 each, they will be a decent value. He is also looking into offering specials this summer, including a possible package that comes with wax, glaze, mf towels, wash mitt, car wash soap, Quikshine, and even a bucket! I guess just check the website, because the specials are still in the planning stages.

Mr. Glass is also negotiating with a few retail outlets so his products will be easier to get if prefer to walk into a store. He told me the names of the stores, but I prefer not to reveal them until the deals go through. He does give retail and distributers the latitude to set their own prices, so you may be able to find some products for less at the retail level.

These are a couple of examples of the results I got using Vanilla Moose and the Clearkote carnuba. The Lexus is a 1996 with original paint. I've been washing it every 2 weeks since it was new and waxing it 3-4 times a year. The limo is one that I have been taking care of for about 6 months now. It has a top notch paint job (for all intents and purposes, it has no orange peel), so you do have to take that into consideration, since it looks pretty damn good even without wax, but the VM/CC combination added depth and gloss.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

:cool: cant wait

its in a similar container as s100 or its a liquid?

3. Scottwax

It is a liquid. I am sure you can apply it with a buffer and a finishing pad if you wish. Very easy to use, just wipe on and wipe off. It seems to wipe off easier if you don't let it haze.

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

:werd: I can't wait to give it a try also. What do you think about this vs. the S100, Scott?

5. 1badtaco

1badtaco New Member

yeah since its a liquid will be as good as the s100? esp the durability

6. Scottwax

Durability of Vanilla Moose seems to be on par with S100 and this is basically Vanilla Moose without the light abrasives and carnuba added. I used Vanilla Moose on a black Expidition that is parked outside and it was still beading nicely when I rewaxed it two months later.