TAT Infection!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Amanda Ann, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I changed my belly button ring earlier this week, and I guess in doing so my body decided that it hated the ring (and it's one I've used in the past), or I ripped it a little while putting it in, or something.. I DON'T KNOW!! The area is all red and puffy now, not to mention sore. I put a saltwater soaked cloth over it earlier this evening, and it drew out some pus, and then put a little neosporin on it. I have no ring in now, because frankly it's too painful. I've had this piercing for 6 1/2 years, and it's never gotten infected. I honestly don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? :wtc:

2. dude101

dude101 New Member

i had this happen to me once with my pubic piercing which i had for years...what i did was

1.i cleaned out all the pus very good

2.i bought some betadine solution.. which i applied on it 3 times a day with the jewelry still in it..i just used a lil bit being that stufff is madd messy.. got the solution in the piercing moved the jewelry back and fourth like 15 times and thoroughly rinse it out...

3.after that i just mixed some sea salt in a cup big enough to cover the whole piercing in. i applied pressure (to not let the sea salt water leak out the cup) which i soaked the whole thing in for about 7 mins while still moving the jewerly back and fourth like 15times.. rinsed it out good again..

i did this for about a week and everything went back to normal till i ripped out the damn thing..:sad2: but dont take my word's for it...:dunno: i didnt know what to do so i had to play doctor on it:o

3. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

yeah I hear Neosporin isnt good for piercings. its says "not for puncture wounds" on the tube, I'd stick with betadine. One of my nipples has gotten infected maybe twice now, salt water seems to work pretty well for me but if it looks bad maybe get some antibiotics?

4. charles foster kane

charles foster kane New Member

I like your av :wavey:

And just so I'm contributing something ... I hope it works out, belly piercings are hawt

5. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

it sounds more like irritation from crappy jewellery.