TAT Infected Piercing...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by thahamer, May 29, 2007.

1. thahamer

thahamer New Member

I got my spetum done about a week and a half ago and I'm pretty sure its starting to become slightly infected. It was red and tender around the piercing site yesterday morning and Ive noticed a slight increase in the discharge. Ive been making sea salt solutions and trying to soak it when I wake up to get rid of the overnight buildup.. and again before I go to bed. Its a hard spot to soak it in pure solution so Ive been using Cotton Balls.

Should I continue what I am doing? I just want to make sure I am doing this the right way. I figure if it gets any worse Ill go back to my piercer and ask her but for now I may be able to clear it up myself.

2. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

Sounds alright. Are you cleaning it with soap also? If not, you might want to try to use something mild on it.

3. buddha724

buddha724 New Member

indeed... i just wash my piercing with soap once or twice a day. haven't had any problems with it since i got it about 3 weeks ago and it's healing up quite nicely.

4. thahamer

thahamer New Member

I have an unscented anti bacterial that I wash it with also... usually once before each sea salt soak

5. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

Just keep it up and wait it out. The septum is a sensitive area so it won't heal as quickly as some other areas. As odd as it sounds though, taking care of your body as in getting good sleep, etc. will help as well.

6. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

if your nose starts to get swolen or really painfull it could be infected but septums (like mine) can just be painfull, esp if they are close to the cartilage.

I'm not sure what the latest and greatest treatment is for septums but I just soaked my nose in a shot glass filled with warm water and NON iodised salt (seasalt makes no difference, NaCl is NaCl). once it's soaked and all the crusties have softened then clean em with a q-tip. also keep your god damned fingers out of your nose! wash your hands first.

but yeah, if you have a hard time soaking use a shotglass and sorta suck a little up your nose (just don't inhale it) and hold it there. cotton and stuff didn't seem to work as well for me.

7. thahamer

thahamer New Member

Surprisingly.. the piercing isnt suprisingly sore or swollen right now. The only thing is that it is discharging a lot of white stuff. Ive been really on top of washing my hands before touching it.. and soaking it in warm water/non iodised salt.

8. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

Excellent addition to the thread.

On a serious note, is the white stuff pus?

9. beebee

beebee New Member

isnt puss usually yellow?

10. thahamer

thahamer New Member

I believe so. It forms around the hole of the piercing and im not sure what else it could be.

Im on a lot of allergy medication so it is definitely not snot.

11. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

actually if you have a runny nose sometimes snot does collect around the piercing and it'll seem extra crusty. its not impossible :mamoru:

12. thahamer

thahamer New Member

well... when i clean the white stuff off... my inner nsoe is red and really sore.. and even after i clean it with warm water and such it still hurts when i move the piercing in the hole

13. craiger

craiger New Member

ur putting soap on ur septum?

question: before you got ur septum pierced...did you usually wash ur nose out with soap? u may be upseting the balance in ur nose man.
    just salt soak it and leave it the fuck alone, cotton balls are rubish, use the shot glass trick recommended above. to speed up the healing of piercings try taking some multivitamins. i recomend centrum stress tablets(or a generic brand) they have double the ammount of B vitamins and vitamin C.