inexpensive system design for 2002 maxima.. help me out

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by pharcyde183, Dec 18, 2005.

1. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

I am taking out all the bose shit, i can't stand it anymore the sound is so lackluster. So i am just going to design my own component system and then add more.

i am thinking 8" midwoofer in the rear deck in factory opening. I am sticking a high power 12 or 15 in the trunk as well.

FRONTS:
    silver flute 6.5" midbass/ranges. 5mm xmax $49/pair
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial][​IMG][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial]

~undecided on tweeter as i'm not sure what size my car uses. Crossovers will also be bought cheap undecided as well~

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial]T[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial]ANG BAND W8-740C[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial] in the rear deck
    [​IMG]
    8" subwoofer 28-1000hz range, 150RMS, 12mm xmax $52.60\

[/FONT]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2005
  2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

if u want to replace bose i suggest using something thats better

3. pharcyde183

i ditched the rear deck sub idea.

Going for silver flute 6.5 up front (as components) using either certain boston, mbquart or diamond crossovers, and 5.25 in the rear doors going at midbass/midrange duty.

The silver flute drivers have an extremely flat response curve from 50hz all the way up to 5000. performance is right on with the Dayton RS series 6.5 driver (slightly less output but makes up for it with such a nice response curve) which has been compared to focal and dynaudio 2 way systems.

4. Ronin

Ronin Guest

:dunno: never heard of that stuff, i always feel iffy about low profile companies, id go review hunting but due to the fact shit ass songs ive never heard of are used for reviews i dont really care to read them much anymore, they seem to have the presumption anyone who spends a lot of money on speakers listens to classical :ugh:

5. pharcyde183

haha yeah well classical has so many elements all together with that sweeping from the highs to the lows so it seems jazz/classical really can get the woofer and tweeter singin

6. Ronin

Ronin Guest

classical still has a much different sound then techno/rock/and rap

7. pharcyde183

no doubt

8. saint jimmy88

saint jimmy88 New Member

go with maybe an alpine s or type r for the trunk. Mainly because the brand name. and 2 because those two subs have the best SQ while still maintaining a high SQL. Either that, or go with some Memphis Mclass. Both great sounding subs, that will sound great in a small trunk like a Maxima. Andi suggest if you're looking for better SQ from your dor speakers, go with Polk components

9. Ronin

Ronin Guest

:hsugh:

the stuff in the help choose 8" sub (DD,AQ,Crystal,ID)? thread pwns alpine and memphis

10. MacAlert

MacAlert Maxima driver OT Supporter

Rear speakers in the Bose system is 6.5".

11. johnson

johnson New Member

i like your inexpensive budget