TAT Industrial Piercing

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by UncommonCreep, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Wow. Let me say that this was the most painful piercings I have gotten done so far. The piercer warned me that it would hurt pretty good on the first hole (through the lower cartiledge) when that was done I thought I was in the clear for a bit, well I wasn't listening and apparently I nodded, but he pierced the second hole and I was caught off gaurd...ouch. Anyway, it looks damn good and I am very happy with it. I will post some pics when I can get my buddy to let me borrow his camera. Does anyone have any piercing care secrets for an industrial piercing, or is the care about the same as a ear piercing?

2. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

Ask Unigel. I went with him when he got his.

As for them being painful...what else have you gotten? I think that would be one of the least painful ear cartilage piercings.

3. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

As one who has lived through21 pieercigns.. I agree, My industrial Hurt the most. good job though!

4. Phantom Empress

Tea tree oil or a cleanser with tea tree oil in it.
    Keep it clean(Dial 2 times a day). Don't sleep on it. keep your hair off of it.
    Industials and other Cartilage piercings tend to Keiloid Scar alot... (mine did twice) SO BE GENTLE WITH IT!!!

Other than that good luck.

5. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

ugh i hate cartilage piercings... getting them done that is, they are awesome but they so suck for pain and to take care of.. they take FOREVER to heal... ive had my indy for like 8 months and its still shitty

6. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

yea , i only recoment FOAMING DIAL, that yellow liquid dial is way to harsh.. that and ALL my cartilage piercings hypertrophic scarred..,. hypertrophic scarring is oftem mistaked for keloids

http://encyc.bmezine.com/?Hypertrophic_Scarring

7. It was weird, when he put the needle and started to push I could hear it as it was going through, it was a totally weird experiance.

I don't have any other cartiledge piercings just my eyebrow and my ears. I am sure it is one of the least painful cartiledge piercings but out of the holes I have now and the tat (on my back just below the neck) it is the most painful body mod I have had done to date. I dragged my friends with me and after seeing me get all poked up he got his nipple done (later he told me he had wanted to get it done for a long time but was to much of a wuss to do it) and my other friend got his labret repierced.

8. My ear is still kind of red and sore, and I am getting a wierd feeling in my ear (it doesn't help that I caught the sleeve of my shirt on it this morning). It is feeling like when you get a chill that runs down your spine, except it is running through my ear... it is a really strange feeling. Anyone else run into this?

Also, does any one have any tips for cleaning the inside rim of the ear? I am having a hard time getting in there to clean it out, there is a little blood around the hole but the bar is sort of in the way and I can't get it totally clean? Any tips and suggestions would be appreciated.

9. Phantom Empress

q-tips soaked in water + soapy goodness.

10. Thanks for the info, I will have to get me some q-tips. I have been applying that tea tree oil stuff as well, but it makes my ear smell funny.

11. I am still having a problem getting the inside clean on the front. I got some q-tips and got them all wet and soaped up but there is still some crude on the inside (towards the front of the ear). I am a little paranoid about the cleanliness of it because of all the stuff I have read and heard about cartilage piercings and the shit that can happen to them. My ear is still a little red and still a bit swollen. Am I being to paranoid? I just don't want my ear to fall off or anything like that.

12. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

Don't push too hard. It is an open wound healing but most of it SHOULD come off.

I made the mistake of pushing too hard and it opened the wound back up and my ear started bleeding every where.

13. Is it normal for it to still be a bit swollen and red? My other piercings were normal looking (besides crusties) in a day, but this one is still kicking the redness (three days now). I am sure it is just because it is a bit more invasive than flesh piercings. I am being a bit paranoid becuase of the things I have read that go wrong with it (keloid/hypertrophic scarring. Cartilage infections that can make my ear collapse. etc.).

14. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

yeah. mine was red for a week. It's healed now and beautiful.

Just leave it alone. DON'T TOUCH IT. don't go near it unless your hands are clean. take care of the little guy and he will heal up nicely.

15. Thanks for the reassurance. I will leave that little biotch alone and hope he does he thing like he should.

16. Sparky511

Sparky511 Leben ist gut.

Industrial's look sooooo badass. :bigthumb:
    I want to get one as well. I think however, I will be getting my septum done first. (as soon as my other nose piercing heals)

Is it true that its better to wear two studs in the holes until it heals, then put in the barbell?

17. DejaVooDoo

DejaVooDoo *Jojo*

18. I dunno, every industrial I have seen has been with the barbell. The barbell I have in mine needed to be a little longer because my ear swelled up a bit more than expected. It has gone down a bit but it is still a little swollen (and still bleeds a little) after 5 days. It is a pain in the ass compared to my other piercings.

19. That barbell looks sweet. When this little bastard heals I am going to find a col barbell or something to put in.

20. SoKo

SoKo New Member

I got one last night, It didn't hurt really at all

it felt kind of good :naughty:

21. SoKo

SoKo New Member

oh, by the way

[​IMG]

22. Phantom Empress

Damn, everyone and their mother has one now!! </nonconformist somewhere is ranting>

SoKo it looks Fabulous love!!

23. Phantom Empress

here's mine (since we're all posting..)
    [​IMG]

24. Holy holes in the ears, thats a lot of metal (I love it). My friend lost the damn cable to his camera so I have to wait till he finds it or buys a new one, then I will post mine. It is alot less red and it is in the itchy healing stage now.

25. SoKo

SoKo New Member

another one :eek3:

[​IMG]