A&P Indoor pics with my Nikon Coolpix 775

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by newport, Mar 9, 2004.

1. newport

newport New Member

I am having trouble taking indoor pics of people. Either the lighting is bad and then I use my flash, but that looks too bright. Then when I try to use the indoor light, and not my flash, the pictures come out looking poor. Is there a way to fix this so that I can take good indoor pictures of people???? Help ME!!!!

2. Woodmaster

Woodmaster New Member

The problem is that flashes on cameras are strong and bright and usually unfiltered. Especially on point and shoot cameras with built in flash, you can't really control the flash. You have to balance the light in the area you shoot the picture and filter it, or bounce it so it isnt as harsh. Try to use natural lighting and if it is portraits then get some work lights from home depot and then get a deflector to soften the light. Also, don't expect to take award winning photos with a 2mp Nikon Coolpix, I mean I have taken professional looking photos with a kodak easy share but then again, it was just luck. I never use my flash, ever really. Using flash is complicated and most camera manufacters dont really expect an expert to be using one like yours, point and shoot. If you are looking to get more into photography, I suggest selling yours on ebay and upgrading. I strongly suggest the Fuji s5000. It's a prosumer camera which means all the features of an slr but a cheaper price. It doesn't have removeable lenses or a hot shoe, but you learn about everything so that when you are ready, you can buy an expensive one and make it worth while. Hope my advice helped.