GUN indoor BB trap design? I need one please

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MrBlonde, Jan 5, 2005.

1. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

I want to make an indoor BB trap that can be shot at from like 10 yards inwhich the BBs will not have a chance to richochet out. Does anyone have a design or suggestions for this? Thank you.

2. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

Get a cardboard box.. fill it with balistics gel/high density foam. Assuming your gun can penetrate a cardboard box from that range it should work fine. Cheap and easy to replace..

3. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

will any type of foam work alright? I got a bunch of foam in the garage.

4. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

should.. I'd go for the pink insulation foam they have at lowes/homedepot and put a few layers.. if you want to be extra careful you could sandwich thick garbage bag material inbetween the layers of foam. What kind of bb gun are we talking here? Do you know the fps?

5. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

my handgun won't penetrate the cardboard or the foam....i'm sure the rifle will, what can i do for the handgun so that it does not ricochet out?

the handgun is really shitty not CO2 the rifle is a standard Red Ryder :o

i'm bored and just wanna play around cause it's too cold to actually go out and shoot the real guns.

6. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

A carboard box with telephone books or old magazines (carpet scraps will work too) in it will stop about anything. I used an old box that reams of paper came in with magazines and at 20yds it stopped 7mm mag rounds.

7. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

8. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

why so?

Anyway I think for what I need it for I have a design that'll work. Thank you all for the suggestions.

9. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

My dad made me one when i was a kid

its hard to explain so i made a half assed MS paint drawing of it:

[​IMG]

All you really need are some PVC pipe, a peice of canvas, and a staple gun

Make a 3D cube out of the PVC pipe and stick some legs on it. The one i had was about 3 feet long and 3 feet tall. It sat off the ground about 1-2 feet.

Now, on to the #'s that are on the drawing.

1. Cut out the canvas to whatever width the frame is. Loop it over the piece of PVC pipe and use the staple gun to fasten it around the pipe.

2. Bring the canvas out in front of this pipe, and let it hang down about 6" to a foot lower than the 3D cube.

3. Attach the bottom of the canvas to this part of the cube, fasten it with the staple gun. Make sure you leave some slack in the canvas.

4. Attach a target to this part of the cube, shoot it, and have some fun.

The way it works is that when you shoot the target, the BB goes through it and hits the canvas. If you get a thick enough piece of canvas, the BB wont go through it. Most canvas is pretty tough, so it wont be hard finding a piece that will work. After it hits the canvas, the BBs rolls down into the bottom of the cube and collect in that area of slack that you left in the canvas. Then whenever you are done, you can collect them and start over again. Its pretty easy to make, and can be assembled and disassembled easily for storage.

Its been a good 7-8 years since i last saw/used the one my dad had made, so their might have been something else he did to it that i have forgotten about, but that is basically how ours was made. It works extremely well.

10. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

as long as the BB's don't bounce off the canvas at all.

11. You can also use the spray foam used for house insulation. It comes in a can and will fill whatever size box you have. Make sure to get the non-expanding kind to avoid spillover. That stuff is ultra sticky and hard to clean up!