A&P Indoor basketball shots

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by mikmit, Feb 17, 2010.

1. mikmit

mikmit :o? OT Supporter

Intramural Basketball at the base gym here. I dont have lightroom or any editting program besides what came with the 7D so all these are uneditted. just cropped a lil bit. no flash was used as i dont have one, nor do i really want to for indoor sports when in right in their faces. too distracting to the players.

1. is this noisy?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

please make me a better photographer and c&c me to shit. these were just random shots because i just wanted to spend more time with my cam.

2. Smeghead

Smeghead New Member

Looks pretty noisy, especially on the first pic. What ISO did you shot at and was there no way to shot at lower ISO?

Get Lightroom.

3. Professor Chaos

Professor Chaos New Member

I like #3 the best

Yes they look noisy

What settings/gear did you use?

4. mikmit

i could have lowered the iso but i was just seeing how noisy the shots were. these are all 1/400 f/3.5 3200 iso. i could defintiely lower the iso.

im shooting 7D + 24-70L.

5. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

I wish that you were just a little bit further to the right for the last shot. These could have been cropped in tighter. I dont really care to see so much of the gym but more interaction between the players. I am not bothered by the noise so much and some simple curves adjustments and some sharpening and you will prolly be much happier with these. You need to get your ahnds on some image editing program tho

EDIT - some more - for the first one, I know the reason you have it framed so wide is to show the basket and the throw. But all I see is number 44 looking like he is lost staring off into lala land. You dont need that much image. We all know where teh shot is being thrown to, we dotn need to see teh basket. That can be super cropped down (or rather super zoomed in but to late now).

The second one has an amputated foot. and again, all you are interesed in is bruvaman taking his shot. You can probably crop below #44 knees.

I honestly dont know what is so neato about number 3. I dont know what I am supposed to be looking at. I am left looking at a bunch of backs. It honestly looks like a bunch of folks are staring at a basteball that has mysteriously landed itself right on top of teh backboard. and I have already comented on the last one

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  6. Smeghead

Smeghead New Member

1600 should be enough.

7. mikmit

i was thinking of cropping under the knees on 2. a bunch of these i felt that if i cropped too much, you wouldnt get the true sense of how high he was jumping relative to the floor and shadow. if you zoom in too much, you dont realize what the player is actually doing and just suspended or something.

i will try it out though. and please correct all things that i say that are dumb and retarded. haha. thanks all