A&P IndePrinted.com update

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by TurkeyChicken, Aug 10, 2007.

1. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

Hay guys,

A few months ago I made a post on here brainstorming about a website that allows people to upload their photos and sell them as prints online... getting a large cut of the price of the print.

Well, I've been about 10x as busy as I had originally expected (several other freelance clients have called me up and wanted work done... gotta satisfy those obligations before I can start something new).

I have decided that I'm going to outsource the printing and shipping as the site starts off. This should help speed things up and help me lower my start-up costs. If things take off, I'll end up buying some office space and hiring a few people to print full time, but until then, I believe outsourcing will be the way to go (even if it means a few less dollars in the artists pockets as the outsourcing prices will probably be a little higher).

I hope to have this up and running before Christmas, but depending on some other variables, it may get pushed back a little longer.

Anyway, i just wanted to give an update because I know there was a lot of interest expressed when I originally brought up the idea a few months ago.

Keep taking those photos and keep the good ones stored away somewhere so when the site is ready to start taking artists, you can get your photos uploaded and be among the first to get your art on the site :x:

http://www.indeprinted.com

2. Yahdude

Yahdude New Member

Make sure you have printable copies of each photo before they are sold, you shouldn't have to have an office at all, take all the ordered files, upload to a lab like www.whcc.com and have them ship you the prints, you turn around and ship them to customers. I can't imagine that you can come anywhere near the quality/speed for near the price trying to set up your own printing.

Coding this website should be your biggest concern, the printing and delivery is simple...I do it day in and day out. You could easily automate the entire process...order taken, order uploaded and shipped to your doorstep, you seperate and ship to the customers. Or use WHCC's drop ship for another 5% of the order total and they will seperate each package and ups 2 day directly to the customers.

3. Matt-AWD

Matt-AWD Active Member

If you need a little help with the site, hit me up. I don't have much time myself, but a little help can be better than no help :hs:

Didn't I help you with PHP stuff when you were just starting to learn it? :o

4. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

Coding is what I do :o

I was more concerned with the printing aspect. As far as printing the images out before someone buys them... if the site takes off, that might be hard to do :eek3: I could build some sort of equation that tells which photos should be printed out based on demand, etc though.

5. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

:o you might have. I bought a Wacom tablet off you a couple years ago :cool:

I'll see how my time opens up in a month or two. I might shoot you a PM when the time comes.

6. Yahdude

Yahdude New Member

If coding is what you do, PM me if you're looking for some more freelance work. I'm looking to get an ordering system/database setup for a photography website (go figure)...I've had a couple bids from random freelancer websites but everyone seemed super gung ho on getting money and not having any clue what I was looking for.

7. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

I'd love to dude but I'm absolutely swamped as it is :hs:

That's the reason IndePrinted isn't up and running right now :(

8. Gerbonium

Gerbonium OT Supporter

any updates on this?

9. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

did you call it quits? or are you still working on it?

10. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

11. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

still looking forward to this :hs:

12. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

I've decided to work on ClearCheckbook v3 first. The reason for this is that ClearCheckbook already has a solid foundation of users and with the next version will provide me with a pretty steady cashflow.

With that cash flow, I can dedicate more of my time to IndePrinted and make it better at launch.

So yes, it's still in the works but i have moved one of my other large projects ahead of it for the time being.

ClearCheckbook v3 is scheduled to launch some time in july. I will start on IndePrinted shortly after that launch.

13. Wolf Demon

Wolf Demon HURF DURF OT Supporter

*bump* because this is something I look forward to :big grin:

14. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

:o

I'm still pretty much on track with what my previous post said. The deadline might have slipped a few weeks though.

I'm not sure if the site will be live before the christmas buying frenzy :(

15. Wolf Demon

16. Wolf Demon

updates on site?