MIL Inactive National Guard

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by hitzchicky, May 5, 2008.

1. hitzchicky

hitzchicky New Member

Hey guys, so I'm coming up on my ETS from the national guard in August. I still have two years of IRR to do, but I was wondering about ING. Is it just a status like IRR is? That way I can finish the last two years of my contract without getting pulled for a mission with some other state or something? Or is it something different that is going to extend my enlistment or something? I talked to some retention people this weekend at drill, and they were telling me that I have to put in for hardship and stuff. They told me that I have to extend my ETS for a year, and then put in for a hardship and that it would get approved, etc. However, I know the Army is notorious for fucking people over and telling you what they need to get you to stay. Knowing them I'd extend, put in the hardship and then they'd deny it and off I go. Does anyone have any experience with this?

2. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

yes, you just have to fill out a waiver form that states you will get all the benefits and not have to make any sacrifices :noes:

3. hitzchicky

hitzchicky New Member

thanks, thats helpful.

4. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

youre welcome

there might be something here you can read about it

www.military.com