A&P In your opinion, how does Kodak rank?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by JazzHound, Oct 6, 2002.

1. JazzHound

JazzHound Guest

I'm curious what amateurs and professional photographers alike think about the brank Kodak ? As a strong presence in photography, how do they rank among the best in the business like Canon, Nikon, et al. Admittedly when I wanted a digital camera the name Kodak didn't cross my mind, not much did as I decided on the Canon S300 for it's diminutive appeal. Now I just started working for the Kodak company and wondered what role they play in the realm of digital photography and traditional 35mm.

Just seeking some objective opinions.

2. bioyuki

bioyuki Ich habe Angst

Kodak is good for high end professional equipment. Their new N80 based 14n will be a killer camera IMO.

3. nordaim

nordaim Guest

Not a big fan of Kodak's products, other than their film. I prefer older Nikon bodies and the Nikor lenses.

4. Freejack2

Freejack2 Moo!

I've never played with their professional stuff but their digital cameras used to be good.

I had a Kodak DC15, DC200, and DC280. They took good pics. Especially the DC280. Sharp and good colors. Their DX series (unless their latest ones have changed) suck. Look at these two pictures.
    Kodak DX4900
    And
    Olympus C4040

Neither is perfect but the C4040 looks a heck of a lot better.
    Back in the DCx days I'd give them a 7 or 8 out of 10, now I'd give them a 4 or 5 out of 10.

5. The Bastard

The Bastard Guest

Call me crazy but I prefer the DX quality. Colors are more saturated and 'alive' while the C4040 seemed abit neutral and uninviting :dunno: then again I'm no photographer.