MIL In this thread you will post a random factual braindump about yourself

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ranger-AO, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I'm 46. I enjoy the few gray hairs, but don't really like the receding hairline.

Prior Service Air Force (enlisted for 4 years, ended up serving for 5.5 years active duty and 2 years reserves). My DD214 says "Extension of service was at the request and for the convenience of the government." I went in with guaranteed "Open Electronics" career field. During basic I picked "Tactical/Real-Time Avionic Sensor Systems" because it was seriously deep into electronics and it included laser targeting systems.

I got interested in electronics/electrical stuff when I was 10, after I tried to figure out how an air pump was able to pump air out of an electrical socket and into a fish tank. I opened it up, plugged it in, and tinkered with it until it blew up in my face. From then on, I had a serious desire to learn more.

I have always fixated on things that scare the fuck out of me. If it scares me, I learn all I can about it.

I had my left big toenail removed surgically once when I was in the first grade. I made the doctor let me sit up and watch the whole operation.

About a year later, the same toenail fell off on it's own a few weeks after a large rock crunched it.

During tech school (Denver, Colorado) my roommate and I took up skydiving. I had to cut my main chute away on my first jump, due to a malfunction. I jumped a total of 8 times over the course of a month (the last month of tech school). Back then (1978) there were no sissy tandem jumps.

I was married for 15 years. I have three sons (two are active duty, both in Iraq).

My left nut was once the size of a tennis ball. I almost broke the wrist of the doctor that examined it. He ended up with a severe bruise. (never grab another man's balls and squeeze - especially if one of them is swollen)

I rolled my dad's brand new pickup the first time I drove it without supervision. I lied and said I had to swerve to avoid a coyote (we lived in Wyoming). He told me the only reason he didn't kick my ass was because he had done/said the same exact thing when he was my age.

Aside from being born at the Jacksonville NAS hospital, I spent the first 9+ years of my life overseas (Dad was in the Navy). When he finally got an asignment stateside (Kingsville NAS, Texas) I was shocked to see how well Americans lived.

I was a virgin until after High School. Well...pretty close to a virgin. I conformed to the Bill Clinton definition, anyway.

I went to High School on the Wind River Indian Reservation in Wyoming. I lived outside the town limits of Morton, Wyoming (population: 5). My graduating class had 27 people in it.

I recently told Fazle:
    _______________________________________​

OK - your turn now. :wavey:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2005
  2. Capitals

Capitals Guest

I'm 19, 5'11 158lbs. My moms white my dads black. I used to have a very large afro.

I'm a Marine.

Originally a Landing Support Specalist (shore party) I'm now the barracks manager for our company.

I have 13 pairs of Adidas shelltoes.

I'm a hobbyist locksmith. I make picks in my room with a dremel tool. I've picked every lock inside and around my office at least once.

When I went to Thailand I met girls named Poo, Cow and Apple. :dunno:

When Maintence guys (local japanese) come to fix stuff in the barracks they always curse at chinese made products. Japanese people make fun of Chinese people about having thin eyes. :rofl:

I'm from Atlanta, been to Ireland, lived in New York for a while. Been deployed to Korea, Thailand, the Philipenes and (obviously) I live in Okinawa.

My first computer was a 286. I still remember the day we got Windows 3.11 and the awful nights I spent tryingi to fix problems on 95/98. :shudder:

My favirote classes in school were Physics and Trig.

I do a cryptogram every morning after PT.

I prefer desert cammis to woodlands.

I don't like cheese but I do like Pizza.

Next?

3. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

I guess I'll not be just a voyeur this round. Like capitals im 19 and 5'11" UNLIKE Capitals Im a fatbody tippin the scales at 225.

My mom died when I was 2 and my sperm donor skipped town only to show up once every 5 yrs. Thank God my grandparents took me in and raised me. So compared to most of the kids my age i have a VERY different perspective and logic track.

Im 100% darkie (not makin fun Capitals)

Oddly enough I pick locks for fun to and am in need of some new picks *cough* Capitals*cough* since I dont have a dremel anymore and spring steel isn't in hot demand in my area.

Im a Marine Officer Gonnabe about to apply for the PLC (Platoon Leaders Class) Program.

My uncle is an AD Marine at the local Joint Reserve Base and its the first time hes been home for more than a wk in 17yrs.

I like anything challenging ESPECIALLY something thats challenging to learn, it makes me want to learn about it even more. I just like knowing shit so bc of that I know a ton of useless shit.

Since im such an "old soul" I end up being the resident Dr. Phil for anyone I come in contact with thats my age or younger.

I feel bad offerin up opinions in here alot of times since my experience thus far is drawn from my uncle not of my own but once I graduate that'll change.

A big fear of mine is that once I get my commission I'll fuck up and lose the respect of my NCOs or somehow let my Marines down. O and also a fear of running across a Sargeant Instructor at OCS that got reamed by my uncle yrs ago (his first name is my middle name and we share the same last name so it's unmistakable that im related to him).

Thats about all if ya wanna know somethin else just ask.

O yea I also have shit for luck with women, I suffer from chronic gentlemenidis aka nice guy syndrome, or to put it more bluntly according to mil friends im already acting like an officer - Captain save a tramp/slut/ho/watever. Ive been told that if im really gonna be succesful as a career Marine Officer im gonna need a mil brat, or mil member for a wife or at the very least one of the strongest civilian women I can find.

So who's next?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2005
  4. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

I have a syndrome? O and you know Inforpics is NEVER gonna let u live down making a long post right ?

edit: nvm i forgot about that syndrome lmao carry one , whos next !?!?!?

5. Ranger-AO

This thread is good stuff. Would read again. A+++++

6. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

I'm 21 years old, 5'9" 175lbs

I was born in a town called Lake Jackson, TX. Grew up there and in the town next to it called Sweeny. All this is about an hour southeast of Houston, right off of the Gulf of Mexico.

My parents divorced when I was five, then both of them remarried, my father had another divorce and is now on his third (and final) marriage.

My older brother, who mostly lurks here, just got married and is leaving for the AF in December.

I skated my way through HS, not really trying, just doing enough to get by, graduated somewhere inthe middle of my class of 100 something.

I went to a community college for 2 years to try to get some basics out of the way while I earned more money and a higher GPA so I could get into a good college for an Engineering degree. Didn't happen, I stopped going to most of my classes, ended up just quitting college all together.

One day I recieved a call from my recruiter and he asked what I wanted to do with my life, I told him engineering and he told me about the Nuke program in the Navy. After many talks with him, and with some other people I decided that it was someting I should do to get an education and better myself.

I shipped out for the Navy on 13 Jul 04, and went to basic in Great Lakes, IL. Then went to A School (3 months) and Power School (6 months) in Charleston, SC. I am currently 7 weeks into the 24-week long Prototype, the last portion of my training. At the end of this school I hope to serve on either a SSGN or a SSBN out of Kings Bay, GA.

After my 6 year enlistment is up, I plan to go to work for the South Texas Project power plant in Wadsworth, TX (less than an hour from where I grew up).

I also started dating a girl I spent a week of my Power School Grad Leave in July with back home. We had been friends for years before, but we realized that we had deeper feelings than that when I had come back. We take it hard being 1000 miiles apart, and I kinda feel bad for starting that kind of relationship during the time in my life that I would get to spend the least amount of time with her. I have a hard time understanding how married couples can stay away so long during deployments, but maybe its only because I haven't BTDT.

7. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

i'm tired of being a marine. poop.

8. mike b.

mike b. New Member

I'm 25 yrs old. 6'4" tall.

I was born in Castro Valley, Ca. which is on the outskirts of Oakland. I was adopted within my first week of being brought into the world by two very loving parents. I lived in a city called Rohnert Park, Ca. Until I was 8 yrs. old, when we moved north to Eureka, Ca.

While I was in High School I played football(WR/FS), basketball, and baseball so I could make the time go by faster. I just didn't like school too much. I graduated High School in 1998.

I started looking at the Army when I was 16 years old. I joined as part of the DEP at 17, and strived to make it out of H.S. and get to basic. I chose 19D or Cavalry Scout as my MOS. I was offered basically all combat armys options and I really liked the look of the Cav. I went to basic right out of High School. My OSUT was at Ft. Knox, Ky. and it flew by, and was pretty much cake too me. I was platoon guide and graduated as a PFC.

My duty station was Ft. Benning, Ga. on Kelley Hill. Where I became a member or 1/30 Inf. 3 Brg. 3 Infantry Div. I attended airborne school, sniper school, and tried to get air assault while at Benning, but I waited until I went up to Ft. Campbell, Ky. and was with the 101 airborne.

I've been out of the army for a year and a couple months now. I now live in Atlanta, Ga. trying to save up some money to move to parts unknown at this point. I'm looking at a couple different places right now.

9. evan2

evan2 Guest

ekk 24 6ft 200lbs of sexy whiteness..
    Ive been in the Air force for 6 years and 3 months...
    came in June 29th 99..

Born to dolores and Dick koebel on 22 may 81.. in lovely long island NY...
    spent my first 18 years there, never really cared for school because Im a clown and was always getting into trouble plus I ran with a lot of black and hispanic kids (no im not saying they are bad but the ones I was with were) in about 10th grade I started to get away from them and ran with a new bunch that kept me out of trouble..

I sucked a math and science which owned me at home becuase dads an accountant and moms a nurse, go figure
    sadly enough I always rocked in English, I guess I dont try on the net.

Anyways 11th grade Im playing some video game with my dad waxing that ass in baseball and thephone rings. I run up and get it start talking to this AF dude and hes like blah blah blah, im like blah blah blah .. and I went down to see him

I said hmm sounds cool and thought about it, I really didnt want to go to local community college nor live at home with my parents and I Was wanting to do something different and get away from home though I missed it so much at first.

Note I took the ASVAB in 10th and 11th grade just to get out of class, wanted to do good just to be able to tell the army to piss off. lol... funny how things work out

so anyways.. I went to hot ass TEXAS in JUNE for basic and had a good time
    Got washed back a week because being the clown that I am myself and 3 other friends played a joke on this kid we didnt care much for, the typical shaving cream in the hand thing.. i itched his nose

anyhow some kid ratted us out and and I Went to a new flight.. it was nicebecuase I was already a week ahead and it made me stand out and was good for me

fastforward, went to a army post for tech school, in shitty missouri.. I am an engineering assistant 3e5x1, by AF lingo. Though we do far more then what is in the descripton plus our names been changed many times ove rthe years as well as our mission

i got order to Eglin AFB fl, knowing nothing about it I knew enough to say fuck ya im going to florida

spent 5.5 years tehre and loved it, I made so many friends and most were AF at first but as we all know mlitary tends to leave us.. with people getting kicked out, going ot jail and going to a new base I was left with mostly civillian friends so I tended to stay away from militarypeople cept 3 guys that are now still some of the best friends one could ask for

toobad I just moved to England where Ive been since june.. I had florida on lock, I knew so many people downtown anywhere I went I would know a few people.. it was great and I do miss it

I too got a piece of toenail removed when I Was a young teen, I watched too and it was quite cool
    I bite my nails like they taste good or something
    I am married to my wonderful wife shawn, only been married 6 months as of yesterday but been together over 3 years

her dads a retired e9 in the AF and CE to boot.. CE is my squadron.. civil engineering

Ive spent 1 year total in the mid east, saudi saudi and qatar
    01, 02-03 and 04

I prob wont deploy from fairford because Im 1 deep and we dont get tagged much, but I still could and really would love to, im wierd and I like to deploy

10. C5Load

C5Load OT Resident UCLA fanatic

24 (i think), 185 lbs and 6'4".
    Been in almost 2 full years, started BMT oct 7 2003.

I grew up in Northridge, CA, a suburb of Los Angeles. I loved every minute of living in LA, minus when my town was the epicenter to a devestating earthquake in 1994. Nearly everything got flattened.

Part of me loves and part of me hates my job. I've seen parts of the world that other people only dream about seeing, but I've seen the inside of my house for 3 days in the last 2 months. I hate living out of a suitcase, but I come home, wash the clothes I wore on the trip, and then fold them straight back into the suitcase.

I did the whole college thing for a few years and got bored with it. That, or I wasn't very good at it, I'm not sure which.

Since I've come in though, I've excelled at nearly every bit of training that I've had. Until recently. I've got "all the book knowledge in the world" according to the higher ups... I just lack the confidence to effectively do my job. I'm really close to asking to be crosstrained into an IT-related career field.

Before I joined, I taught middle school (computers) for 2 years, and worked for my family's mattress company for quite a while before that. I wanted a career, not a job, so I joined the Air Force.

If there's any way to describe my squadron, it's like high school. It's a popularity contest, and I hate it. I really do. I'm well liked by most, and then there are a few who can't stand me (can't please all the people i guess)

My goal every week is to find a way to get home that weekend to watch the UCLA football game.

Travis is great outside of being in northern california.

I miss college. I wish I had taken it more seriously at the time.

I'll probably log off OT soon and play some computer games, or watch some sports on TV. God, i need a life :rofl:

11. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

Congrats on the 20yrs MiF(Mom in Florida for the jackasses tryin to make somethin of it). Hope everybody is doin good. I still want my lasagne since someone went UA on me :wtc: Tell Spam and Neck I says howdy(Tx style) pet da gunny 4me :wavey:

12. Ranger-AO

Inforpics - what base(s) were you stationed at in Florida? I have a step-brother that is/was in AGE at Eglin AFB.

13. Ranger-AO

You got PM.

14. evan2

evan2 Guest

did you know bryan deedrick? he was a reservist at duke..