In this thread: post things that annoy you in relationships

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Putting the toilet paper under instead of over is not a little thing. It's a big thing :rofl:

This thread is for little things.

This drives me nuts (in any situation; not just in romantic relationships):

When the person says something, but you don't hear them clearly cuz they're in the other room or something, so you say "what?" And then they're like "nevermind" or "forget it." That drives me up the fucking wall. It was important enough to say the first time, so it's important enough to be heard, so say it again.

Now if the person replies "n/m, it was dumb" or "n/m I was talking to the TV" or "n/m I made a dumb joke," that's fine. But some people get all passive aggressive about it and are like "NOTHING" while beginning to lose their cool. That's what annoys me, especially in a romantic relationship. I expect my gf to have near infinite patience (with me) and a "long fuse", so to speak.

My psycho ex was terrible about this. Reading the thread about staying calm reminded me of this, so I thought I'd make a thread for people to list things that annoy them in relationships.

2. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Mind games that women play... they're mental terrorists.

3. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Dude, we're on the exact same page. :bowrofl: I've had my ex WIG out more than a handful of times 'cause "I wasn't paying attention". :rofl:

I hate having plans made involving me, without me knowing, without choice after my SO gladly agrees to it. Drove me nuts.

4. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

MOTHER FUCKING :werd:

One of my flaws is that I don't hear very well. I hear noises just fine, and I'm not deaf or anything like that, but when people are talking sometimes I have trouble making out what they are saying, especially if it's in a restaraunt or something.

So, I say "huh" or "what?" a lot and ask them to repeat it. I understand that that gets fucking annoying. I realize that because my son is the same way and he does the same thing, and it drives me up the wall.

But my ex used to get all pissy and think that I just wasn't listening to her. And it's not fucking true at all. Sometimes I would strain really hard to listen, and still not catch everything she said. And she'd get mad. :ugh:

5. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

How about when they talk so goddamn fast you don't comprehend a mother-fucking-word they just said, and you then just look at them when they're done talking with a :confused: look. Then when they realize you didn't understand what they said, they flip out? :rofl:

6. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Using my towel and then not putting it back in the bathroom. Mother of fuck, I hate that. If you want to leave your own towel on the floor, fine, but don't steal mine so that I have nothing to dry off with.

7. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

:werd: I'm with you guys. My SO will always face the other direction when she talks to me, then gets mad at me when I can't hear what she says. She accuses me of being deaf or just not listening to her.

8. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

:rofl: :werd:

One day, I was riding in the back seat of the car with my parents in the front seat (I was like 12 or 13 years old). And my mom is sitting there talking. And she's telling my dad this story or something and she was talking for a solid 15 minutes straight. And I was watching my dad and he was shanking his head in time with she was saying.

When she was finished she goes "So, what do you think?"

And he turns to her and says, "I'm sorry, I was thinking about something else there. Can you repeat that?"

I :bowrofl: ed pretty hard at that. Just from the sheer fact that she was rattling on for 15 solid minutes at least, with no breaks or anything and he looked so into the story and he didn't hear a damn word she said. :bowrofl:

9. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

:rofl:

I hate it when you're involved in something, whether it be serious or fun, from work to video games kind've thing.. and the SO comes and says something like "Im lonely", or "I wanna cuddle and watch a movie", or something to that extent.. so when you finally drop what you were doing, which is usually soon after they make mention, you go attend to their needs and they're balls deep occupied with something else.

10. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

That's the type of shit I don't miss about a relationship.

And I think women do that on purpose sometimes, just to see what's more important.

And you can't fucking get through their heads that that stupid shit is just fucking mind games.

11. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

:werd:

12. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Looks like AK was WAITING for this thread :mamoru:.

13. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

My bf does that what/nevermind thing sometimes and it drives me crazy :squint:

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

lol this thread is a brilliant success already :rofl:

15. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

Throwing hissy fits on the regular to try and make things go their way. It can be cute if they are doing occasionally and in a joking manner. Otherwise it just makes them come off as an immature bitch.

16. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

saying "i'm almost ready" and asking me to start getting ready myself. so i'm all nice and ready and i still have to wait forever for her to finish.

you were not almost ready :squint:

it's not so bad if there is no specific time we need to be there by. i do my best to time it too, but somehow i always end up being ready first and still waiting. i swear girls do it on purpose :mad:

17. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I baby talk the hell out of all animals. Anyone that doesn't like it can get fucked.

I don't like non-animal people, anyway. Like honestly I wouldn't date an otherwise perfect woman who didn't like dogs. Of course if you don't like animals you're not perfect, anyway. People that don't like animals are weird (unless it's cuz you were attacked by a dog as a kid or something).

edit - cuddly animals, like dogs and cats and rabbits and guinnea pigs. Not birds or lizards or whatever.

18. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

:rofl:

19. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It's true. Every person I've met who "doesn't like dogs" is weird.

20. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

I do this :o

21. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Ok, this intrigues me. Im a huge car guy, in fact, I'd say my car eats about 20-25% of my income, not for repair, but for modifications / things to my liking.

My ex loved my car, loved the sounds, the turbo, the power, everything. Whenever we went for a ride she'd make a comment.. or if we're out somewhere and someone started talking about cars, before I can even say something she's telling them how nice my car is.

Yet, every-freaking-woman out there complains about guys spend too much time around their car. I don't get it :confused:. She in particular did this as well, drove me nuts.

22. kiri

kiri New Member

when guys want me to be their mother

"are you mad at me?" every time i stop smiling for one second.

23. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

:rofl: i used to annoy my ex when it came to video games. she'd be playing and then ask for my help on a puzzle, somehow, i ended up playing her game. then after some time, it'd dawn on her what happened and she'd get mad at me ask for the controller back.

her: i need help
    me: sure *yoink*
    *beep boop blop*
    her: wait a minute *yoink*
    me: :wtc:

24. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Stop dating that boy and get a man.

My friend is the same way, and I call em' a pussy everytime. It's okay for your girlfriend to be mad at you, it happens. Get over it.

25. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Cars are a hobby. I've done a bit of work to mine (new speakers, stereo, etc.) cuz I drive a lot and I wanted to enjoy the ride a bit more.

I can see how it would annoy a chick if a guy was always working on/talking about his car, the same way it annoys guys if a chick is always watching/talking about Sex in the City.

But like any hobby it can become obsessive. People can get obsessed with cars, WoW, RC Airplanes, etc.