In school for 8 weeks, what to do?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Lurker111, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

In Oldsmar, FL for 8 weeks, what to do?

I will be sent to Florida for an 8 week long training session with my new job. I don't have all the details yet (I didn't want to ask during the interviews, but I will ask now that I have the job offer) so I don't know if they have a gym available and what type of equipment it will have. I'm not even sure if they are going to give us rental cars while we are in training...

Would you:
    1) Use whatever means of transportation you can (walk, bike, bus, taxi) and wander around until you find a nearby gym that you can join for just the 8-week period (gyms around here require a signup fee...hope they don't do that in Florida).
    2) If they have a gym, it is likely to be just a few machines similar to what an apartment complex would have. Make do with this?
    3) Try to do bodyweight exercises and pray to god that you won't lose too much strength.

My only goal is to atleast maintain my strength while in school. To continue to improve my strength would be ideal if they have the facilities available. I believe I'll be in classes 8 hours a day 5 days a week.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2005
  2. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

use the internet and call around to the gyms in the area, find one that is 24hr no sign up (there will be Im sure)

rent your own car, if you can't do this then find one in biking distance and buy a cheap ass bike when you are down there

i travel all the time and this is how I deal with it every time i stay somewhere for more than a couple days.

3. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Where in Florida are you going?

4. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

Near Tampa. I found out I will have "access" to a car. I don't have the official word yet...[checked the old job listing because I remembered it mentioning the training location and a few details].

5. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

I will be in Oldsmar, FL.

If anyone knows off hand of any gyms feel free to let me know, Otherwise I guess I have some research ahead of me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.