In relation to the bible and the matrix..

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by 1337, Oct 22, 2003.

1. 1337

1337 Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

I have a friend who's always ranting about Alpha and Omega and the bible and things called neffy (not sure if i spelled that right) attacks; according to him these "neffy attacks" are meant to destroy us, as they have destroyed other types of beings on earth in the past (he says our current major attack is sars).

At one point he started ranting about choice and how we've already made our choice and how our life spans are just us going thru with our choice.

then i thought, "wow, this sounds quite a bit like the matrix."

Then he began ranting about how barely anyone is aware of this, despite the fact that it's all in the bible; that because everyone reads the bible with an association to religion they aren't aware of its truth.

or something like that. I didn't quite graps everything he was saying.

When he finally watched the matrix and reloaded a while ago he said it was the best interpretation of the bible he's ever come across.

Anyone know of this stuff and where i can find more information about it?

:)hs: forgive my incoherence.)

2. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

Yeah, the Matrix has a lot of religious backing in it, not just from the Bible. It has layers upon layers of Biblical stories/morals/truths as well as from other religions as well.

Neo is often compared to Jesus, and in the Bible, Jesus had to die to save humanity, and then rose from the dead. Neo already did that and I guess is in the process of saving humanity (Zion). :dunno:

3. Thats what makes the Matrix such a great story. I myself am not really riligious, but I do believe that riligion does carry with it alot of meaning. The ideas in the Matrix are phenomanol. Too many people watch the Matrix movies expecting only action...which of course there is an abundance of, but they fail to see the deeper meaning of the movies. As for that whole...you've already made the choice, now you're just living with it and trying to understand it thing...thats freaky shit.

4. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

Yep, it can be applied to so many facets of life, :)

5. WoodHoot

WoodHoot OT Supporter

:slap:

6. phant0m

phant0m New Member

actually, the matrix is more based on philosophy rather than solely the bible. if you take dialectical theory and apply it to the matrix, it pretty much explains most of the movie. take the first version of the matrix as your thesis, the human unwillingness to cling to that perfect world as the antithesis and a new matrix being created being the synthesis. and the thing about neo being like jesus, yeah, if you only know christianity, he will be like jesus, but by the same token he would also be muhamad and buddah. On top of all that, the choice argument that exists in the series can also reflect us in the world community today, especially us in the US, we as Americans have freedom of choice... but we can see that our choice may also be dictated by global companies (architect anyone?), we as the majority have the choice to fight the global leaders for our rights, but we need to "make people see the real world"

but I talk too fuckin' much

7. yust4

yust4 New Member

well i guess but buddah and muhamad didnt die and come back from the dead, thats all JC. Im just saying.........

8. phant0m

phant0m New Member

its not so much the act of dying that's important, but the journey, it happens that JC died and came back as part of the journey, both buddah and muhamad had their inlightened journeys where they "left and came back" to show the world their ways. I understand how many biblical refrences are in the matrix, but I think with their touches on causality show a deeper meaning. just my thinking though, not saying that I'm right and you're wrong at all, just a dif train of thought.

9. The Dave

The Dave Biodegradeable Member

When Neo was freed from The Matrix it also hinted at the Buddhist belief of discarding mortal pleasures to become enlightened. Something that Seifer(sorry forgot his name) couldn't take.

10. apathy

apathy Guest

Unfortunately for you, but fortunately for me, I did not read past your fourth spelling/grammatical error. How do you expect to take part in a high level intellectual discussion when you cannot look to your own elementary flaws?