In regards to cutting

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by therealdeal, Mar 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

Just doing the math for myself the other night, and apparently 11-12 times my body weight is about 1350 calories/day. This seems extremely restrictive to me, as, rough calculations of my current caloric intake probably vary between 1900-2400 /day, and as far as I can tell, I'm just maintaining because I haven't gained/lost a pound for like 8 months. Now, should I be calculating my cutting calories differently (around 500 calories less per day) or go to 1350 calories? Obviously I want to maximize fat loss and minimize muscle loss, so does the rate at which I lose fat affect my muscle rate loss? Like if I went slightly less caloric restrictive for a longer period of time?

2. Werdna

Werdna Livin' the SLO Life...

how much do you weigh? :ugh:

3. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

I hope to God that you are a girl.

4. GOGZILLA

GOGZILLA Double-Uranium Member

IB8yrsold

5. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

115? :wtf: I hope that's a typo or you are a chick...a really short chick :hs:

6. Moon

Moon New Member

maybe he is 2' tall :dunno:

7. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

:bowrofl:

8. DerekForeal

DerekForeal Diamond Member

Cars, Ladies, Music, Politics

I hope its a girl too ^^

9. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

:wtc:

I'm 5'3

Ya, I know I'm not huge like you guys, I don't mind if you give me shit about it, but just remember how it feels when people come in here and complain about your goals.

Quite frankly i am planning on bulking in the fall, but right now I'm just sort of in between where I'd like to be. I'm not really all that cut, and I'm obviously not big looking. Quite frankly, some of you guys have mentioned that it looks wierd when youre like 5'6 or 5'8 and big though, so try and imagine a midget like person walking around looking with massive muscles. Thats just my opinion anyway. I figure while I'm not gaining any mass anyway, might as well cut the fat.

Anyway, I'd appreciate some advice.

10. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

It's not exactly easy to look huge in a short amount of time. 5'3" 115 is not something I would say you should cut at. Just clean bulk until you think you look pretty thick and then cut down some.

11. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

No, trust me, I understand. I am planning to bulk in the fall, but i've decided its going to have to be a really full time thing, as I dont want to get into bad eating habits again. As I said, I'm 5'3 and eating around 2000 calories a day on average, (some days I have much more if I have a hockey game or something). I just dont really feel like bulking and looking thick during the summer, and if I'm not going to be bulking, or gaining any mass at all during the summer, I decided I might as well get as cut and looked ripped for a while (or look weak by your guys standards, but I'm cool with it.) A buddy of mine said he estimated my bf% at 10, and I think hes pretty close. I would say between 14% and 11%, probably closer to 11%.

Anyway, I've had a lot of health problems in my life and its always been a dream of mine to get a full 6 pack, and I'm feeling pretty good right now so I'd like to go for it.

Anyway, don't really need any criticism, I'd just like to know how you guys think I should go about it, re: my comments on calories in my first post in this thread.

12. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

I was at 107 about a year ago and looked way fatter than I do now. But I figure 5-7 pounds should put me well below 10% body fat.

13. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

I can't be a part of this thread. I had a girlfriend who was 5'3.5" and 110-115 . She was a dancer and pretty damn skinny, so I can't imagine a guy that small.

14. DerekForeal

Not to be a jackass prick, but if you don't have visible abs right now, I HIGHLY doubt your at 10% bf.

15. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

as everyone's been saying, 5'3" 115 is an acceptable weight for a girl. Eat, get bigger, and worry about cutting later.

16. Grouch

Grouch Guest

wwwoooowww

17. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

I have them semi visible, but only in 4 pack. I have some scar tissue around them on the right side though so it makes it harder to tell. I think they could be more defined though. But like I said, I would personally say my bf% is more around 11-14%. :dunno:

Guys, again, I'm not gonna go around telling you what I think your goals should be. I don't need to be told what your personal ideal of what I should look like is. I just want to know the answers to the questions I asked. Like I said, I understand I don't look big now, I dont need to cut a fair amount. I need to cut a very small amount, but I just need a little bit clarification on some of the principles involved.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  18. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

You'll look much better if you bulk and add even a little muscle. Getting "cut' is a moot point right now because you can't flex bone.

19. DerekForeal

Oh I see, well my advice would be to focus on training and eating healthy. At 115lbs you do not want to cut, but what you should probably do is take a look at your diet and start 'cut'ting out the junk food and adding in good foods.

20. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

My diet is actually pretty good. I only cheat once in a while with alchohol, or maybe cake or a dessert on a special occasion. Sometimes when I snack on lowfat cheddar and an apple I might throw a couple tortilla chips in.

I'm impressed that everyone cares so much that I look skinny. Personally, I used to look really chubby, so I'm quite happy with it. Besides, my main reason to work out is strength gains (isnt that what christopher's goal is too?) I mean, if thats my goal, and I think I can still make strength gains while looking skinny, whats the big deal?

21. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

Thats cool, I think to each his own, if you want to be big, I think more power to you. If you think I look like a pansy, really, thats just good for you right, just gives you an advantage, though I do appreciate the concern.

But to answer my question, more calories for a longer period won't stimulate muscle atrophy more than less calories for a shorter term, at least that you know of?

22. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

Ya, correlate was perhaps a more appropriate word. Um, thanks though, thats what I wanted to know. In other words I'm better off with a smaller caloric cut for a longer period of time.

23. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

sort of applies to your question

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.