In need of some PC Speaker wiring/speaker help...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by sirreal, Jan 23, 2007.

1. sirreal

sirreal Unblockable OT Supporter

So I have about 20,000 MP3s on my PC. It's in my office. About twenty feet away is the bathroom. I'd like to be able to listen to music in the bathroom when I'm getting ready in the morning, from the PC. I have a drop ceiling throughout the entire place.

My idea was to somehow run speaker wire and a speaker or two from the office and my PC over the ceiling tiles and drop a speaker into the ceiling in the bathroom.

I went to Best Buy earlier and spoke with the home audio kid there and he was telling me I should just buy a receiver and hook that up to the PC, but he seemed pretty confused about what I wanted and the best way to do this was.

What is the easiest and most cost effective way to do this? Anyone?

2. DaIceMan

DaIceMan Jack Bauer > *.*

My buddy picked up a set of wireless speakers for this type of situation. Computer room is at one end of the house, he wanted to be able to listen to MP3s in the excercise room, on the deck at the grill, etc.

The brand was RCA and they were like $50-75 (can't remember exact price), but the sound is pretty decent. I would say it has a 4" speaker with a "bass port" in it. It's not the worlds best sound, but for the price, it suits the need.

3. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

If it's only 20 feet you can get a splitter for the audio output from the PC (mini RCA y cable) and run one set into wall plates, run cable from that wall plate to another wall plate in the bathroom ceiling, then hook up speakers to those plates in the bathroom ceiling. I did the same thing to the living room and garage in my old place. It was about 18 feet or so and I used my main receiver so I had an unused 'speaker b' connection. The steps are the same though.