MIL In my nine month window... v.SanDiegoOrders

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by LTJfan513, Sep 12, 2007.

1. LTJfan513

LTJfan513 New Member

So the new JASS req's come out tommorow morning and its finally time for me to start getting some new orders.

Anyone have some good info on ships to go to in San Diego? I'm an ET3 right now should be ET2 at time of transfer if all goes right. I'd like to find out which ships arent part of a battle group right now or whos going to be going in to the yards this summer. If anyone can give me some dirt without any OPSEC issues that would be great. I just want to have a clue when I see what is available. I'll post what I'm considering tommorow.

I just want to get the fuck out of Japan.

2. Sharkticon

Sharkticon The safest place in combat is on an AEGIS Class Gu

Allow me to let you in on a little secret, (NON OPSEC).

Every ship is and/or will be a part of a battlegroup at time point in time during the Inter-Deployment Training Cycle. Also, every ship is and/or will be in the shipyards at some point in time during the Inter-Deployment Training Cycle.

If you go to an AMPHIB, you will be a part of an Expeditionary Strike Group or ESG. If you go to a DDG, FFG or CG, you will be part of a Carrier Battle Group. Even on a submarine, you will be part of a strike group or battle group. The only ship in San Diego that will never be a part of a Battle Group or Strike Group are the PCs (Coastal Patrol) boats.

As a career counselor, I recommend you don't base your orders selection on battlegroup or shipyard status. You will be sorely disappointed.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  3. LTJfan513

LTJfan513 New Member

I'd just like to get orders to a ship thats not going to be doing a Westpac anytime soon. I've seen all these ports in the last three years. I'd like to see South America. Also if anyone can steer me clear of any really fucked up commands that would be good to...

4. LTJfan513

LTJfan513 New Member

Also the yards period thing was more based towards a nuclear carrier as they tend to stay in the yards forever. As you may or may not know over here in 7th fleet we are underway all the time 200+ days a year all three years I've been here. It would be nice to get a break.

5. LTJfan513

LTJfan513 New Member

One more question. What should I base my orders selection on? I'd prefer to stay on a DDG as my NEC's are 1420, 9604, and 9612. Maybe I can score C School number four...

6. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

wanna do a crack pac...get on a small boy...preferrably a Frigate.

7. Sharkticon

If it's a ship on the West Coast, you will be on a West Pac or in the shipyards within the next 18 months. If you've been on a ship before, you should already know this.

Good luck trying to find a CVN that is scheduled for overhaul. I don't believe any carrier in San Diego is even close to having their reactors serviced. BTW, I was on a CG out of Peal Harbor. 3.5 years on board and spent damn near 2 years total out to sea.

Base your selection on research. Contact the CMC or ETC on whatever ship you are interested in and go from there.

Having different NECs is a good thing. It opens up your selections of where you can go.

8. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

1420 FTL :( youll have to be sure to get on a cruiser or older DDG, the new ones (i think 65+) have HFRG....

9. LTJfan513

LTJfan513 New Member

If I never worked on a URT-23 again, it would be to soon.

10. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

:bowdown: i just said goodbye to my set of 10, it really sucked to work on them because the TVSS for the powerpanel they were one was bad, and we did alot of power loss engineering drills where they would actually drop shit like idiots, blew out power supplies and RFamps like nobodies business, parts would never come in to 2m them so i had to wait for months for new assemblies to get in to prove to everyone that was the problem heh...not to mention how much it fucks up the alignment when that shit happens.......bleh too much to complain about, so glad to be done with them

11. LTJfan513

LTJfan513 New Member

What ship are you on anyway PlutoBHG?

12. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

I was on USS Lake Erie

13. Dutchies

Dutchies OT's resident abortion professor

As a career counsler, how many hours is the Journeyman program? Is it a realistic program to enroll in? Does anything negative happen if you were to not continue your enlistment?

14. Sharkticon

Journeyman Program? I'll have to look that one up and get back to you. I haven't heard that one in a while.

How the US Navy Jobs Journeyman Program works:
    • After completing US Navy Recruit Training (boot camp), you will go through Apprenticeship Training in one of three broad US Navy jobs fields you choose.
    • Upon graduation from US Navy Jobs Apprenticeship Training (and receiving your enlistment bonus), you will be assigned to a duty station for approximately 12 to 18 months, depending on the US Navy jobs apprenticeship area you chose.
    • While there, you will work or be exposed to several US Navy jobs (ratings) in the career field you selected.
    • With that experience, you will decide which rating to pursue and then go for further US Navy jobs training in the classroom.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007