SRS In love with my best friend.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Spawndemon, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Spawndemon

Spawndemon New Member

So. I've known this girl for almost 4 years now and shes one of the best friends. Last weekend we had this amazing talk about life and everything. Whenever we hang out I can tell her anything. The problem is she has a boyfriend and she tell me that they are really getting serious and considering marrige. :ugh: I really dont know what to do because I have really strong feelings for her. Any help?

2. Los

Los Active Member

Keep you friend. Do not pursue anything further unless she, in turn, reciprocates.

3. durondude

durondude OT Addict

There will be many chances ahead of you for you to get to know someone to be your gf or even life partner. It is easy finding a lover, but it so hard to find a good friend.

Do what you think will give you the least regrets, because no matter what you will look back in regret. Just remember that a great friend, which she sounds like she is, is very very hard to make.

4. 97_ESi

97_ESi New Member

Try your hardest not to fall for her man. I did the samething and fell for my best friend badly. It's all an up and down rollercoaster of emotion, seeing her going through a break up, wanting her to fall for you, shit like that. You'll meet new girls and have new and better times.

Don't fall into the trap cuz it never seems to work out (expecially when they already have a serious boyfriend)

Like stated above, great friends are hard to find - no point in throwing it away. Trust fate for a bit, if it happens - it happens. If she can't realize how great you are then she ain't the girl for you and isn't worth the emotions (speaking from experience ;) )

5. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

they are right

6. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

As everyone else said, don't do it. I was just thinking about when this happened to me a while ago and how it failed horribly right before I saw this thread. I feel its my duty to tell you to abort now :hs:

7. Mark

Mark Diesel Junkie

true story

you cant win right now. If you want any chance at all you must wait till her and her BF break up(if ever). Dont go throwing yourself out there now.

8. infinite loop

infinite loop Statistically speaking, the Yankees do indeed suck

don't do anything. you're probably attracted to her for the challenge (think 4 year long tease) or the idea of dating her as opposed to just being friends.

keep her as a good friend, try to find another girl to date. do your best to break off those romantic feelings towards her. not much good will come of them :hs:

9. infinite loop

infinite loop Statistically speaking, the Yankees do indeed suck

sounds like someone is speaking from experience? ;)

10. N-Word-Jim

N-Word-Jim Cure for boredom

Here is someone else speaking from experience:

Don't leave it unspoken. Once she is married it is a lot harder for her to change her mind. Believe me, you don't want this conversation:

Her: "Why couldn't you have told me this 6 months ago?"
    Me: "What would you have done if you knew?"
    Her: "I wouldn't be married right now"

Yeah... that feels just fucking great. Now she lives 1800 miles away with her husband.

11. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

are you sure that ever happens?

12. hungraa

hungraa New Member

no dont. let her get married

13. N-Word-Jim

N-Word-Jim Cure for boredom

it did to me.

14. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

how old are you, maybe it happens mroe later in life, but in high school= never gona happen haha

then again, if you could tell your friend and not risk your friendship, (this happened to me i told her and she wasn't interested but we are still really close friends) then i say go for it

15. ilu

ilu New Member

*shrug* i fell for my best friend, got over her painfully on my own (she moved away for 6 months), and then told her i used to be crazy about her...and we talked about it...and now we're just much closer friends. she is very happy with her life and i wouldn't have it any other way. i love being her friend, even if i do have feelings for her in the back of my head, because her happiness is more important than my selfish desire to be more than a friend by far.

16. fighted

fighted OT Supporter

you just need to find a girl you're crazy about and be with her.

i went through the same thing with my best female friend but then found an amazing girl (we broke up though cause i moved away and long distance just doesn't work :wtc: ). ever since then I have really only thought of the original girl as a really good friend, i view her more like a little sister now than anything