In love with my best friend?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Spawndemon, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Spawndemon

Spawndemon New Member

So. I've known this girl for almost 4 years now and shes one of the best friends. Last weekend we had this amazing talk about life and everything. Whenever we hang out I can tell her anything. The problem is she has a boyfriend and she tell me that they are really getting serious and considering marrige. :ugh: I really dont know what to do because I have really strong feelings for her. Any help?:x:

2. Spawndemon

Spawndemon New Member

wrong forum. whoopsie. :uh:

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

hate to tell you, but you need to get over her fast.

It's not gonna go anywhere, so you need to be out looking for others, instead of pining after the one you'll never be able to get.

I'm not saying you can't hang out, but you're gonna have to work to stop having romantic thoughts about her and such.

4. Socrates

Socrates New Member

It is never going to happen, and as said above, you need to get over it fast.

You are already deep into the friend zone and probably 1 in 100 guys ever get out of the best-friend zone.

5. Lindsay Loo

Lindsay Loo ミ★ Mikel's POZ Partner ミ★

i live with my best friend now. we've been friends for 10 years and always loved eachother but timing was never right. he either always had a gf or i had a bf. now we live together and we plan on getting married.

6. JJM Enterprises

JJM Enterprises New Member

Tough situation to be in...

You can tell her how you really feel. The chances are 75% that it makes her confused, 23% makes her angry at you, and 2% she will reply the same back toward you... It's about 99% that the current b/f will be angry at you if/when he finds out.

You can continue being a good friend, and drop subtle hints... like "well you know we might have made great couple"...etc etc... and keep being there for her. There is always a chance that things go sour between them, and THEN you would have to pour your heart out.

You don't want to make it look like you're interfering in her relationship though, but definitely show that you're interested in how it turns out... and that you want the best for her.

7. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Tough situation indeed...but the answer is so simple: Just be her friend, that is what she needs.

You may want more, but she is involved and its not your place to step in and try to break them up. Be her friend, keep her happy, and if you are meant to have a future together it will happen. If not, then atleast you will still have a good friend that you know will be there.

8. armond

armond New Member

been there, done that, going strong here!!! You have to take a chance!

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I've had a similar situation, but timing just never worked out in our favor, one of us was always with someone. Also, whenever one of us was with someone that's really when one of us wanted the other so much more; it's that whole you want what you cant have. My honest opinion is do not tell her, it's just not fair to either of you because she's obviously happy since she told you how serious they are. The best idea for you is to make sure you try to space yourself from her and just hope maybe it'll work out in your favor in the end.

10. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

If she is planning on getting married, then you need to respect that you are her best FRIEND but not the best man for her. Wish her the best and slowly back away. The last thing you need to do is hurt her marriage.

Then learn that if you become friends with a woman, instead of asking them on a date, you likely will see a repeat of this situation over and over again.

11. Abomb

Abomb New Member

if you cant handle being her friend because you love her the best thing to do is stop talking to her

i had this one friend who was in love with his best friend but she'd never had and never will have romantic feelings for him and it just killed him for years until he finally just had to stop talking to her.

12. toolow

toolow you left a whole where my heart should be...

Best advice yet!

13. Abomb

Abomb New Member

sure, its the best advice if you want to remain unhappy in your relationship :ugh:

14. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:rofl: Care to explain yourself? Or do you just like typing up foolish posts to kill time?

15. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Oh, this is your advice...now I understand why you disagree. You seem to have the relationship maturity of a 10yo, I wouldnt expect any different advice from my little cousin. Great, except I think the thread started could have found some child running around to tell him this.

Isnt the vag 18+, how do idiots like this get in?

16. sweetersin2185

sweetersin2185 "You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a

I agree with Poco...marriage is serious stuff and the last thing you want to do is stir things up. Should've told her a while ago. Learn from it and move on.

17. Abomb

Abomb New Member

hey "idiot", more than one person agrees with me.

nice, calling people idiots, thats Real mature. well arent you a hypocrite. Mr. Maturity. pot kettle black.

18. Sybian

Sybian She's with me...

I say sever ties with her all together.

Its going to be too painful for you to be around her and her new husband.

Leave it alone. Hate to use that cliche (sp?) but there's plenty fish in the sea.

Now if she and that dude split up, magically appear and be the shoulder to cry on. Then and only then is when you'll have a legitimate shot.

19. Abomb

Abomb New Member

oh shit !!! 3 or 4 people agree with me now !! Wow, let me go get you some midol you sure seem bitchy today red :mamoru:

20. gkremian

gkremian New Member

Both of you show some great maturity :big grin:

OP: I wouldn't keep hanging out with this girl, it's only going to hurt if they get married. If you do keep hanging out with her, you're going to need to put some space in the whole romantic part, and try to find someone else that works for you.

21. Bubba Atlantis

Bubba Atlantis New Member

With what I have seen of your posts in the past in other threads, I think RedBlue's comments were accurate ;) :mamoru:

22. MissImportant

MissImportant New Member

I say you have to tell her

if your completely serious about this, you have to tell her how you feel. be prepared for your friendship to either
    A. end completely
    B. she pretends like your joking and you feel stupid
    C. she kisses you and loddy f/in da you two date