In-Dash or Overhead DVD Player?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by eliterides, Nov 17, 2002.

1. eliterides

eliterides Guest

I'm getting a new Expedition next week. I've been saving up to drop a bunch of money into. One thing on my list that I can't narrow down is a DVD player. Should I go for in-dash or overhead. I like the overhead because I can keep the stock deck and changer. Plus, you can get them in bigger monitor sizes. However, I like the in-dash ones because they're more comfortable for viewing. Don't have to lean back or tilt your head the whole time. Plus, they're cheaper.

2. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

the first thin that i would do is rip out the stock deck and changer then put in some qulity audo componets then do an over head you can get a bigger screen and its leagl if its behind the driver

3. eliterides

eliterides Guest

Yeah, I plan on upgrading the deck and what-not later. But if I get an overhead one I can get a modulator and keep the stock deck and changer. I will switch all the components and throw a ten in a q-logic box in back panel at the same time I get the dvd player. So it will sound good. It would just be nice to save a few bucks since I'm buying 20's for it also. Not having to buy a new deck and changer right off the bat will save me those few bucks :\ I will adventually buy a new deck and changer though.

As a passenger, I was just curious which would be preferred?

4. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

I would think for your rear passengers the overhead would be far more preferred. Not only because of the larger screen but also for the location. The front passenger may prefer the in-dash but hey they can lean back since they aren't driving. As for the driver you're better off having it overhead so it isn't as big of a distraction.
    As for the other stuff, the modulator and stoch HU may be ok at first but believe me down the road get the HU upgraded. It will make a huge difference. If you want a really nice system plan on updating everything. Also if you can afford it get everything in 5.1 surround sound.

5. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i would seriously wait till you can do teh whole system all at once it will keep you form having ot do every thing twice