In dash dvd (car audio)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by GregFarz78, Nov 6, 2002.

1. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Ok here is my question hopefully someone here is a car audio guru and can help me out. I have a dvd burner what I was wondering is can I burn mp3s to a dvd and play this in any dvd player? I'm basically looking for a head unit that will read mp3s from a dvd if one even exists. I'd love to burn 4.7gb of mp3s to a disc and carry around just a few dics instead of tons of cds.

2. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

Most indash dvd players only plays mp3's from CD-R. I don't think there is a HU that can play mp3's from a DVD-R but I may be wrong :dunno:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2002
  3. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

actually you are wrong. There are head units all over the place that will play cd-r's. But the thing is if you are looking to play 5 gigs of music then you will prob be carrying around at least 10 cd-r's. That might not be a lot but remember that most cd-r's will hold only 700mb of music. I am personally looking into the neo car audio unit. It is a harddrive that bolts down in your trunk and holds 20=80 gigs of music. It has a dash display and remote. The unit in the trunk pulls out so you can take it with you wherever you go and dl songs/movies onto it. With 20 gigs you can contain 10 gigs of MP4's and also 8 or 9 movies. YOu can get a display screen to hookup to it so you can watch movies also. The bad part is that it doesnt have a cd player. Meaning if your friends have a cd they want to play then they are shit out of luck.:p

edit: there looks to be a couple of models heres one
    boo

Last edited: Nov 9, 2002
  4. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

Actually I'm not :slap: He said INDASH DVD PLAYER read the title . Your link really made me look stupid I know nothing about Car Audio :ugh2:

5. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

While you are right as I didnt exactly post on topic and what I posted theoretically would work and there are many people who have these things. He said are there any in-dash DVD players that play mp3's. (right they hold up to 4.7gigs)

I im sorry for making you feel dumb.:dunno: :greddy: too.

OK heres my new take on the problem. Whenever you make a cd like for example in nero I usually make a cd by creating a data cd and then copying over all the mp3's and that works fine, but when I want to make dead sure the cd will read Ill make a "music cd" theres a difference. Making the "music" cd (theres an option in nero) is differnet because it copyies all the coding on to the cd to tell the cd player that all the music is copywritted etc etc. Then I make all the files wav. That way they always work. Though I wouldnt know if this would work on a dvd-r on a dvd player unless I tested it.

Sorry for any confusion.:bigthumb:

6. thegeneral

thegeneral Guest

wtf is MP4?

7. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

:greddy:>Mycophiles<:greddy:

8. 97WS6

97WS6 Guest

That Neo Juke Box is JUNK.

9. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

:werd: That's all I was trying to make a point of.

10. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

thanks for clarifying how to burn a cd and not anserwing the question in any form

11. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

I think Annex and Mycophiles are the only Audio gurus on OT :o

12. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Mp4 is an audio file.. better quality than mp3.
    I dont know a damn thing about car audio either but I do know a thing or two about computers, and I do know that when you burn an mp3 on a dvd cd that it fucking plays. Now if that fucking cd doesnt play on the HU in you car is fucking beyond me. It should though. My best guess is that it will. I mean why not its the same type of hardware that a regular dvd player is. I wish someone who has one would post in here and answer the damn question!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would just call a fucking car audio shop.:squint: