GUN In Canada if you are arrested and then released from prison,

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by [DWI], Jul 30, 2009.

1. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

2. The Cable Guy

The Cable Guy New Member

So the brits think other peoples' laws are ridiculous?

3. JRucker2004

JRucker2004 New Member

BRB, going to Canada

4. The Cable Guy

The Cable Guy New Member

In Great Britain:
    If you are over the age of 70, and require the use of a walking stick, the cane or stick can be classified as a Class 7 Assault Weapon. The cane will be confiscated and you may serve up to 30 days in jail.

5. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Many states the US, making a continuation of a federal law that experied in 2004, actually ban certain guns based entirely on cosmetic features that have no effect whatsoever on the operation of the gun! What a crazy concept, can you believe such laws were actually passed?! :rofl:

:squint:

6. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Or how about this one: In Massachusetts, a Smith and Wesson model 22S-1 is fully legal with wooden grips, but it is a felony to own that same gun with rubber grips.
    Likewise, a Beretta 92 with a black finish is legal to own, but the stainless steel model is a felony to possess.

7. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

Well that state is full of Massholes.

8. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Of course, I leave MA and go to AZ to get away from the ridiculous gun laws, end up too poor to buy anything in gun-friendly AZ, and end up getting fucked in the ass by AZ's ridiculous drug laws, when I would have just gotten a ticket and a fine if I was busted in drug-friendly MA.

9. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

what about a black frame and stainless slide?

10. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Bubba plays just the tip with you instead of ramming it home.

11. GearHead

GearHead Active Member

Shouldn't have broken the law.

12. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

GOD THOSE STUPID FUCKING COPS ENFORCING THE LAWS!

13. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

Shouldn't have broken the law in AZ is more like it. 1g of pot being a felony FTL. Woulda been just a civil infraction with a $100 fine if I was busted in MA :hs:

I never said that, I said something more the the effect of "GOD THOSE STUPID FUCKING DRUG LAWS IN ARIZONA," much to the same effect you all say with "GOD THOSE STUPID FUCKING GUN LAWS IN (CA, MA, IL, the whole country, etc)"

14. P-chan

P-chan New Member

:rofl: And what Amendment was it that allows you to keep and bear pot?

15. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

None. But what shred of logic says that making weed illegal is a good idea, and doesn't violate a persons personal freedom? I'm not saying there's a part of the constitution that says "the right of the people to get high as fuck shall not be infringed," but the very nature of the concept of personal freedom - the concept America was founded on - is contradictory to the belief that the law should have the power to dictate what a person does with/to their own body when it effects nobody else.

And also, I seem to recall that in nearly every thread about an old guy having his collection of guns siezed because he didn't have a license, even though he owned them legally prior to licensing requirements in his state, the overwhelming response is usually something along the lines of "don't the cops have anything better to do?!", which sounds alot to me like
    Judging by the responses in here to me smoking, shouldn't everybody be saying
    Or do you feel that cops should only ignore the laws that you personally don't like?

For a bunch of people who claim to be supporters of personal freedom, and (considering almost all of WMD has chimed in on the drinking thread) and bunch of consumers of alcohol, you sure are a bunch of tightasses when it comes to weed.

16. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

maybe you should stop doing drugs :hsughno:

17. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Personally I have no problem with drugs. I chose not to do them but what business of mine if someone wants to get high? Do I agree that I should pay a $200 tax for every suppressor and short barreled rifle I own? No, but I still do it anyway because it's the law. They're ragging on you because you broke the law, it doesn't matter if you disagree with it, it's still against the law. I don't think too many here would have much sympathy for people caught with illegal firearms.

18. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

19. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

the point --> :h5: <--- you

20. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

The difference here is that you can get a suppressor or SBR. It's a pain to have to pay that tax and submit the forms, but at least you can still get what you want. I would have no problem submitting a form and paying tax on weed I buy if the government would let me have it. However, they say "NO MARIJUANA NO MATTER WHAT", even when I have a legitimate need for it.

Except like I said, whenever someone posts a link to a story about some old guy getting arrested just because he forgot to renew his license, you're all posting "Don't the cops have anything better to do?" "Big fucking deal, it's a few hunting rifles, great job police!" "This guy surely deserve to be in jail if he's so dangerous to accidentally forget to renew his license :rolleyes:"
    Or how about when someone gets convicted of manslaughter after shooting in self defense? The law says that if the circumstances surrounding a self defense shooting are at all questionable, then put the shooter on trial and let the jury decide. When the jury decides he's guilty, everyone complains and says it's bullshit and the guy shouldn't get in any trouble. Yet, the law has spoken, everything was done according to the law, and that resulted in a conviction, so why are any of you upset when that happens?

I never asked for your sympathy, I was pointing out the retarded laws in our country (which is the original topic of this thread, no?), and how with the way those laws are from state to state, I'm fucked wherever I go, since where they're lax on drugs they're tough on guns, and wherever they're lax on guns they're tough on drugs. Case in point, MA only gives a $100 fine for possession of weed, but you can't get anything there as far as guns go. In CA weed is practically legal, but as a gun-nut I wouldn't be caught dead there. On the other hand, AZ will let you own just about whatever you want, but possession of even a gram is a felony.

And to "stop doing drugs":
    I've had horrible insomnia since my earliest memories, and have been diagnosed with several sleep disorders, and I've had chronic headaches since I was 10 years old or so. I've tried prescription sleep aids, most haven't worked, and the few that did had side effects worse than the insomnia itself. Taking 4-5 times the recommended dose of benadryl will put me to sleep, but I'll feel like death when I wake up. Weed is the only thing that will put me to sleep without any horrible side effects.
    The same thing goes for my headaches. Acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and aspirin all do nothing for me. My doctor offered to prescribe me vicodin, but as you may know, pretty much every prescription pain killer is a derivative of opium and can be highly addictive; no thanks. Weed works, and honestly the worst side effect is the munchies; so I gain a couple pounds, big deal.
    I plan on moving to a state with medical weed as soon as I'm done with school, but I figure I just don't want to bother with the stress of moving to a different state, getting settled in a totally different school when I'm already halfway done in AZ, so I have 2 more years to deal with this shit here.

Not to say I don't enjoy being high as well, but I need it to maintain my health - As gun nuts you own guns for personal protection and preservation of your freedom, but don't try to tell me that the main reason you love guns isn't because you just have a good time at the range.

I'm sure there are plenty of you out there who take some sort of prescription drug regularly, so I have to ask you, if there was only one drug that effectively treated your medical problem, would you really stop doing it just because the law says so?
    Personally, I felt that it was worth breaking the law to be able to sleep like a normal person, and be able to go through my daily activities without feeling like my head is being beaten with a hammer. Now that I'm on probation and can't smoke. I consider it a good day if I can manage 4 hours of sleep. 3-4 days a week, I'll wake up with a headache, and have that headache until I go back to sleep. On the days I don't wake up with a headache, the smallest thing can trigger it. Bump my head on the doorway, a loud sudden noise, a bright flash in the dark, and my head starts pounding for the rest of the day. If that was your life, would you really feel that obligated to obey the law when you could fix all that shit just by smoking a joint?

As a bunch of gun owners, if nationwide all guns were banned, would you obey the law and turn in your guns, or would you decide that "it's the law" isn't a good enough reason to make yourself defenseless?

The whole point I'm getting at here is that the law does not dictate what is right or wrong, it only reflects the opinion of a few select people. Even though something may be against the law, there may be plenty of legitimate reasons to break that law. It's easy to say "the law is the law" when the law pertains to your personal interests, but when you find yourself in a situation when something that maintains your health and livelihood is illegal (yet would harm nobody if you were to do it), I doubt you would be so gung-ho about following the law.

21. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

drugs are a huge problem in SF considering the amount of needles that are found in golden gate park. some bum druggie piece of shit threw a used one into someones backyard. the homeowners daughter had the luxury of stepping on it. now, i'll agree that weed isnt even near some of the worst shit that exists in the narcotics world, however, if it IS illegal where you live, you need to consider and weigh the very real possibility of being caught (which i'm sure you have).

as for the "what if all guns were banned nationwide" question? its a completely ludicrous thought to even begin with. the difference between firearms and controlled substances ON THE WHOLE is that one is a constitutionally protected right, the other is an illegal narcotic.

now, your situation is tragic - not being able to live in a state that is sympathetic to your medical condition as well as your passion for the 2nd amendment but it all boils down to you needing to accept the consequences of your actions. personally i dont give a shit that its against the law to talk on the phone while driving in CA - i do it all the time. but im prepared to pull over in front of flashing blue and red lights and face the penalty if the time comes.