in all the years i have seen people i have NEVER BEEN on a date

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by bobbarker70, Jan 17, 2006.

1. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

is this wierd. i just meet grisl thru friends, if we like eachother shit goes down and we date or whatever. ive never really been on a date. is this wierd? i find "dates" very pressured. idk.

2. bighey

bighey Lurking since 2001

Yes it does sound weird. But, I'm in the same boat... I'v only ever been on 1 "1st date"

3. killerZees

killerZees OT Supporter

I just started dating again, it sucks. I havent been on a date for 5 years, now since november Ive been on like 10

4. bazacko

bazacko Doesn't really care about your problems.

I wouldn't say I've ever been on a real date. I find it to be a useless formality with a bunch of rules and expectations.
    If you're genuinely friends with a girl before you do anything romantic, it's tons easier. just be patient.

5. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

What exactly classifies a "date" in the formal sense? I personally don't like going up to people I don't know and asking to do things with them, simply because I don't know them.... so I guess I don't even understand the concept of a "proper date."

6. brandnewlow

brandnewlow New Member

i havent been on a date for over 2 years... sucks

7. poncepr64

poncepr64 New Member

7 years no dates
    btw i'm married
    yes' even married people have dates
    either way no dates still suck :hs:

married couples should still date, sorry i went a little off topic
    just venting

8. Jacquelin

Jacquelin I was your silver lining but now I'm gold.

I have only been on ONE actual, formal date in my life and it was within the past year. I met the guy when I was out and about and he called me later, asked me on a date, took me to dinner, and then I wasn't really interested in him anymore. Nothing against him or where he took me for the date, he just wasn't "meant" for me.

Everyone else that I have had a relationship with was either my friend first or was someone I met through a friend and ended up hanging out with alone. In all of those cases the guy either told me he liked me or just ended up kissing me and the rest was history. No taking me out and trying to woo me, because I already had that friendship/relationship with them & knew what they were like.

My boyfriends have always taken me on "dates" after they were officially my boyfriend, but other than that just one random date. I was actually thinking about this recently & I don't think it's weird at all.

9. ive never been on an official date where the man asks the women out to dinner because he doesnt know her so well or to a movie.. ugh.. it would be so nice though. :wtc:

10. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

I don't see what the big deal is. You like someone, you ask them to dinner, then take it from there. It's not that hard.

11. cobramadness

cobramadness OT Supporter

Do you want to tell us how old you are?

And I agree with the person above me... it's not that big of a deal, you like someone, ask them out on a date. It's not like you are asking them to marry you.

Although I understand initiating conversation can sometimes be difficult. But not THAT difficult.

12. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

Eventually, you'll run out of people to meet through your friends, especially, once you have a full time job/career. Then you're SOL if you're not willing to step up to the plate.

13. killerZees

killerZees OT Supporter

This is a true story.

14. erobbins

erobbins Active Member

I haven't either :dunno:

15. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I've only went on a couple of dates in my life and they never became relationships. All of my relationships were guys that I was friends with first and we just ended up getting together. I'd much rather have it that way.

16. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

I'm 20, and I even have a GF, and have always dated. For me, I'll be out, meet a girl, well hang out casually, and then we'll date. AFterwards we'll go out to movies and such, but i've never been on the typical hey lets go on a date and get to know eachother better. idk.

17. cobramadness

cobramadness OT Supporter

WTF? :greddy:

18. redna

redna New Member

"hanging out casually" could be construed as a date depending on circumstances. Just because you're not picking her up at her house and taking her somewhere with your wallet out, meeting the parents, etc. doesnt mean you're not going on a date. I think that a "date" is any time you're with a person that you're interested in trying to get to know eachother.

i.e. If she comes to your house just to hang out and the intention is to be with just you to get to know eachother.. that's a date... If you take her (or meet there) to a park and just talk to one another with an interest in getting to know eachother.. that's a date. The bottom line is that a date is determined by intentions and not by the location.

All of that is just my opinion though.

19. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

+1

20. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

Ohh, well then i've been on zillions of dates lol.

21. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

dating is overrated and old-fashioned. its best to just know women as acquitances or "friends" and have them fall for you without having to waste too much time and effort.