GUN In 9 hours.........

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mrbill, Sep 28, 2003.

1. mrbill

mrbill New Member

...I'll be teaching the wife how to shoot with the Taurus. Let's hope all goes well and she likes it! It would be so cool to have her enjoying shooting as much as I. My mom's gonna go too. She's shot before(even gave me 2 of her 3 guns). Either way, a bad day shooting is better than a good day working :big grin:

2. mrbill

mrbill New Member

well, i have good and bad things to report. first the bad. i'm not the best shot, but i and most ppl think i'm pretty good. however, with my Kel-Tec P11, i couldn't hit dirt if i aimed at the ground. jesus, mary and joseph, i've put a few hundred rounds of different types of ammo, and i still can't hit shit with it. even my Tec-9 mini is more accurate. oh well, at least i'm good enough with the Kel-Tec to load it with hollow points and relegate it to home defense. on the upside, my wife had fun shooting, my mom got a major kick(no pun intended) out of shooting my Desert Eagle .50, i found out that my Tec-9 isn't all that inaccurate and............

how can any day be bad when you fire 400 rounds of 9mm, 150 .22 and a box of .50 AE? :big grin:

3. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Were i you, i think i'd be using the Tec-9 for home defense. ;)

4. mrbill

mrbill New Member

got a 12ga Winchester Defender that's my primary home defense weapon, but no harm in having a stand-by in another room :bigthumb:

5. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

I have a pre-ban Tec-9 with an extended barrel shroud. I also had the thing custom tapped and put a Tasco PDP-3 on top. At 15 yards, I can group 28 rounds (won't hold 32) in a 3" circle. Tecs have a bad rap from those who have never shot one, but I would trust my life to mine if I had to. Having said that though, mine never sees the range. I have WAY too many other guns that I enjoy much more...

Here's a picture of my Tec --

[​IMG]

You can see other stuff on my page by clicking below:
    http://webpages.charter.com/usmcsilver

Last edited: Sep 30, 2003
  6. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

What distances were you trying to shoot the P11 with?

7. mrbill

mrbill New Member

everything was 15 yds. the Pt22(Taurus) and the Tec-9 performed quite well imo. the Kel-Tec was a disapointment. i had shot it previously with similar results. i was hoping the ammo was the problem. the first time i shot it, i thought the cheap reload ammo i had was the prob. which is why i purchased different types for this outing. it still sucked much ass. i'm good enough with it at close range to load it with hollow points and use it as a backup home defense weapon. but, for target practice/accuracy/still need to take the CCW class, no! it sucks much donkey balls when it comes to accuracy. in its defense, i still like it. it's small, light, didn't jam once and was not expensive to accquire. the .50 AE by the way was again a fun shoot. my mom fired it more than once. the first time, i was behind her bracing her forearms. after that, she wanted to fire it by herself. each time, she enjoyed it! damn, i love my mom! how many 50+ year old women do you know that love the recoil of a beast of a pistol?

8. mrbill

mrbill New Member

:cool: i have shot my Tec before(with aforementioned crappy ammo(the reload shit)). it jammed on every magazine. this time, when i fired "nato" rounds, it didn't jam once. it did however, not like the the 124gr rounds(non nato) though. i did a few semi-rapid fire sessions with my Tec this time. and as stated earlier was proud with the accuracy results. as for having other guns, i have a few myself. long story short, at this point in time, i own ten guns in eight different calibers. if all goes well, by sunday it will be 11 guns in nine calibers :big grin: