LGBT Implicit Attitudes

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by RedGoober4Life, Apr 4, 2006.

1. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

2. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Straight People compared to Gay People.

If your's is normal for a gay person, that must make me gayer than you. :noes:

3. CrackSeed

CrackSeed OT Supporter

Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between Gay People and Straight People.

4. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

:noes:

Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for Straight People compared to Gay People.

If your feedback was 'The result could not be determined', click here.
    Your result, reported above, is already corrected for the order in which you took the parts of the IAT. If you have a question about the effect of order, please read the answer to FAQ 1 on the page of FAQs for this test.
    The interpretation shown above is described as 'automatic preference for GAY PEOPLE' if you responded faster when GAY PEOPLE faces and Good words were classified with the same key as opposed to STRAIGHT PEOPLE faces and Bad words. It is marked 'automatic preference for STRAIGHT PEOPLE' if you were faster when giving the same response to STRAIGHT PEOPLE faces and Good words. Depending on the magnitude of your result, your automatic preference may be described as 'slight', 'moderate', 'strong', or 'little to no preference'.
    Attitudes vary in the degree to which their expression is socially acceptable. For example, to express liking or favorability toward one's school or local sports team is socially acceptable just as it seems to be acceptable, in the appropriate circumstances, to express negative attitudes toward a rival school or sports team.
    In recent years, it has become less socially acceptable to express negative attitudes toward some groups, for example groups defined by race or by physical disability. In this context, attitudes toward gay people are of special interest because laboratory studies show that the social acceptability of negative attitudes toward gays has changed relatively little in recent years. We also know that anti-gay attitudes are observed on measures of implicit attitude such as the IAT, and that a person's conscious and implicit attitudes toward gays are more often in agreement with each other than they are for some other socially significant domains.
    If you have unanswered questions about the task, please review the frequently asked questions about this type of research. Any followup questions can be directed to the researchers by email at that page.
    [​IMG]

5. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

i know this is late, but i actually do research with the IMPLICIT ATTITUDES TEST. We probably all have slight preferences to straights vs. gays because of the heteronormativity in society.

Anywys, got a chuckle seein Greenwald's IAT in places other than academic settings.

Yeah, no life here.

6. Carrots

Carrots New Member

I seem to have a preference for "Gay People" over "Straight People."

*is a secret heterophobe :p *

7. GoDz

GoDz I are a Zionist OT Supporter

i got a slight preferance for gay people :p

8. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Preference to gays over straights. :coolugh:

9. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

I found the whole thing just bizarre. Not sure what my preference is, other than to spend time on things other than online tests. :mamoru:

10. RX Bandit

RX Bandit Sell You Beautiful »

Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for Straight People compared to Gay People.

Interesting.

11. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

It's ok. I don't have much of one either. :(

12. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for Straight People compared to Gay People.

...lol, no shock there. :naughty: :mamoru: