Impala SS owners here?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Jesse_Boyer, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

Just curious how many OTer's have a 94-96 Impy SS? I've got a 1996 BBB with KMC Stealth 20's, Clarion DVD, and tint. Other than that, she's stock.

It's my weekend car at best as I don't dare drive it to work.

:wavey:

2. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

thanks!

Now if I can just convince myself to leave this car alone, mod wise. I've all but turned the formula into a damn racecar...

Ok... maybe I won't go into the motor, but it's still getting bolt-ons... maybe an ATI :big grin:

3. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

Just got one thanks to Mongomery county and thier lack of maintenance to thier trees. A couple months ago a limb fell on my Crown Vic and crushed it. Got $5k from the county and used it to buy a really clean 1996 DMC SS. For 137k miles, it sure rides like new and was really well taken care of. A steal at $9000.
    No real bolt ons, just a home depot cold air kit, so I could bypass first base and home plate. :) Going to build my own exhaust soon. Flowtech afterburner headers ($160 from Summit), Warlock mufflers, and eletronic cut outs on the bypass. Should still be quiet when I want, but sound awesome when I open the cutouts. :cool:

4. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

any chance you could send me the link to those headers? I looked on the summit site, but i didn't find anything by Flowtech for ~160. At 160, it almost seems to good to be true

5. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

They are the generic Flowtech Afterburners, for GM SBC cars. Summit part # BIG-49100. You won't find them listed for our cars, but they fit, partly because our cars are built on the same frame that all B-bodies have been using since 1977. They go for about $160, because they are made only in one pattern. They also only come with a painted finish, but at that price you can send them out to Jet Hot, and still get away with a good deal. These are not direct bolt on headers, they need some modification to work, but they will clear all the important stuff like cross members ect. You can get a set of reducers from flowtech that have O2 sensor bungs in them already, or you drill into the collector and weld a 22mm nut onto it. You will also need to rework the exaust were the manifold used to bolt up, as the legnth of the headers are differant.
    All in all, if you're planning on redoing your exhaust like I am, and you don't have $1300 for Try Ys, and another $xxx for other assorted parts, this is really a great way to go. Several people from the NAISSO site have done it, and no real complaints so far.

6. Tweekend

Tweekend New Member

7. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

I'll try to take some pics in the next few weeks. I lost my digicam in May and I"m still in denial about getting it back. I need to repalce it before I go to Vegas (early august), so it looks like I'll be buying a new one. I'll take some as soon as I get a new camera and I get back to the shop where the SS is.

8. SSICK WX3

SSICK WX3 New Member

I have a 96' Impala SS.
    I love this car.
    mods: home depot and K&N, HP delete, 1st base delete, 160 t-stat, air pump delete, x- pipe, 2 1/4 pipe,flows.
    best time: 14.50 @ 94
    best trap: 97
    future mods: 3.42's (got em) 3000 stall

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/570119

9. ghetto808

ghetto808 New Member

heh, i wash my mom's a lot. she has a 96 impala ss.

Car is sweet, but not as fun as my ws6

10. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

Got one of those too. 1994 LT1 M6, T76 turbo, FAST management, etc. It's almost done. Can't decide whether i'll sell it and build a C5 or not... :)