Immune system, CNS? v.sick crew

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by damiand, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damiand

damiand Proceed

Any of you brolies get sick often? Or had a extended period of getting sick systematically? Before any of you tell me to go to a doctor, I already have, she told me to get more sleep, not what I was looking for since I know for a fact getting 4 hours or 10 hours makes no differance. So I figure maybe some of you had the same problem.

I pretty much get a cold every 2-3 weeks, regardless of what I do it seems. I could be working, inside, outside, or just sit at home, and I still get sick when someone sneezes across the street. This has been going on for about 2 years now, also regardless of the time of year. Its pretty much driving me insane, to the point that I cant fucking deal with it any more. Having a cold over 20 times a year is just fucked.

Anyone ever go through this, or anything similar? I need some real world advice.

2. ralyks

ralyks New Member

For a fact you say?
    I find I get sick if I stay up for 1 night, but when I get 8-9hrs/night I'm a walking immune system.

3. hacksaw_

hacksaw_ OT Supporter

i sometimes get a cold if im not eating/sleeping enough :dunno:

4. damiand

damiand Proceed

I tried sleeping longer/earlier for few months at a time to give my body enough time to see if it makes a differance, but it didnt. I'm going back to see a doctor for sure, but I'm hoping someone has some kind of idea from experience or otherwsie. Only other thing I have come up with is getting my nose cauterized.

5. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I get sick quite often... especially this time of year. I take public transportation, have bad allergies, and my immune system isn't what it used to be.

I have a stuffy nose just about every day of my life, and if I am in a real smokey environment I will feel like a have a cold for a day or two afterwards... It sucks.

Best thing to do is have a good diet, take a multi, make sure Vit-C is high, and get plent of good sleep. That thing about there being no difference between 4 hours and 10 hours of sleep is bullshit.

6. damiand

damiand Proceed

Not for me, I wish it was, I really do. But I know for sure, since I tried for few months at a time. With more sleep I still drop like a fly when someone sneezes.

7. :|

:| Guest

prolonged stress reduces levels of interleukens. maybe try some relaxation or deep breathing techniques (if you are stressed that is)

take a look at your diet, are you eating a variety of foods?

also age may play a factor..

you could try cold-fx..there's a maintenance dose for it

8. ralyks

ralyks New Member

I actually just started their little "routine" yesterday when I got 2 hours of sleep. Reading the ingredients, it seems to be mostly gin seng? Anyone know what's actually in there?

I've been an oven for the past 24hours, this stuff feels pretty thermogenic.

edit:

9. Pavle

Pavle New Member

i get sick like 15-20x a year too, no matter what the weather is it always happens to me and i hate it. Im also in on this for some information

10. PreemO

PreemO OT Supporter

ummm your nervous system and immune system are totally different :hsugh: unless you have bacterial meningitis of some sort, but then youd be dead

sounds like AIDS

11. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

i'm sick right now/

12. delay pedal

delay pedal Guest

how many hours of sleep on average do you get? just curious

13. :|

they are connected though, the vagus nerve monitors cytokine levels...it's theorized to cause that shitttttty feelings

14. ralyks

ralyks New Member

You sound intelligent, yet your grammar says otherwise.
    i r confused.

15. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

16. :|

i suck at anglais :wtc:

17. PreemO

PreemO OT Supporter

literature? cytokines is the biggest umbrella term for chemical signals, and the OP is stating he gets sick consistenly and frequently, which tells me he has a depressed immune system which could have serious implications. if his illnesses are all the same in duration (eg 1 week cold), i'd be pretty concerned because i highly doubt that he is being exposed to that many different strains/variants of viruses/bacteria

18. :|

19. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Frenchy ? :eek3:

20. damiand

damiand Proceed

I dont know anything about CNS, immune system connection so my bad for misposting I suppose. And they are all the same in duration, always the exact same symptoms, and very close time gaps between each "cold." But during the times when I'm not sick I feel 100%, it seems like the recovery is quite quick, with no long term effects... beside getting sick 3 later.

Like I said, I know this is best suited for a doctor, but there has to be someone with some knowladge about this type of situation. I'm pretty sure I got tested for HIV/Hep and all the good stuff during my first visit at the doctor regarding this problem.

21. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

If you are constantly getting sick you might want to get a ELISA food intolerance test done to look for allergies or intolerances that might be causing your sickness.

22. damiand

damiand Proceed

Never thought of it being an allergy, its worth a try.

23. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

Honestly I've done my fair share of research in food intolerances and allergies and they are very real. There may be something reacting in your body which causes your body to always be in "flux" so much so that your white blood cells eventually drop and you get sick easier. It's definitely possible...Find a good dietician or nutritionist and they should be able to do the food intolerance testing for you.

24. Abomb

Abomb New Member

aids bro?

25. damiand

damiand Proceed

Nah, that was one of the tests done on the original blood work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.