IMHO: How the Matrix movies really should have been...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by stewprime, Aug 15, 2003.

1. stewprime

stewprime New Member

So here's my take on the Matrix movies: (or how they should have ended up...)

I was driving to work one day; this was about 2 weeks before the Matrix Reloaded was released and I started thinking on what the story would be for the next two movies.

The only information I had were the two movie titles: The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions.

Then it hit me. Like a ton of bricks.

Neo's main goal behind this entire series is to free humanity from it's slavery by the machines. But as Morpheus said in The Matrix, some people are so hopelessly dependent on the system that they wouldn't be able to be brought out of the Matrix like Neo was. And obviously, they wouldn't be able to go at their present rate of waking up only a handful of people at a time. That would take years. Something huge would have to happen.

Like reloading the Matrix.

Imagine all across the world, everyone wakes up the next day after having the same nightmare? A nightmare where you wake up and you're floating in a tub of goo, hooked up to every wire imaginable and not able to do anything about it? What do you think the outcome would be? Could you imagine the chaos that would cause; the ripples in paradigms across the globe? Everybody having the same "vision" whether they wanted to come to terms with it or not?

Now, couple that with the mysterious appearance of a flying man, who is able to bend reality at his will and begins to tell everyone that they aren't really here, that reality as they know it is fake. Some would reject it because they were so tightly bound to their beliefs but it would take time to get the masses to "wake up" (hence the need for two movies). For example: Take that fight that Neo had with Agent Smith in "Reloaded" except have it happen in front of a group of people, so they could be witnesses. And other instances could happen where people saw Neo doing spectacular things, then "preaching" like a modern day Jesus and having the movement gain momentum.

So you have those events that make up the second movie, maybe a fight into a Matrix mainframe area and Neo jumping into some "data stream" a la Tron, disrupting the entire computer program from within itself and causing the reload of the entire system.

And of course, the third movie would be all about how the Matrix "revolutions"; or the people inside it begin to wake up to the fact that their reality isn't a reality at all. Intermix this with Neo continuing to fight the Agents, alongside Morpheus and crew, how people begin to wake up in droves, how the computer program tries to do everything it can to stop these events from happening. Giant sections of people wake up, get flushed, giant sections of the Matrix are shut down (no people, no power, right?) and you begin to have a de-stabilization occur, which gets worse and worse until everyone is out, dead, whatever, and humanity begins to rebuild the world.

Needless to say, I thought I had it pegged. Then I went and saw Reloaded and I guess I just built up a better story in my head, so yeah I was dissapointed...

Anyways...my two cents. Flame away.

stewprime

Last edited: Oct 2, 2004
  2. Mountain Dude

Mountain Dude Here it comes, and there it goes, another day in d

Actually that would have been kinda cool, but I don't know, I think they could have taken it in a bunch of different directions.

I liked the direction they took it in, I just think they didn't do a good job of doing it.

3. X AUDIO X

X AUDIO X Guest

hm, ive heard of it happening that way. a lot of ppl i know thought it would happen like that. but i liek the way it turned out, and i cant wait to buy the DVD and see REVOLUTIONS.

:)