Imaging Applications (for paper to digitial conversions)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by choler, Oct 8, 2003.

1. choler

choler New Member

Does any one know of program that will scan paper documents (to convert into some form of digital medium i.e databases, tiff, pdf) and then have a interface to query the save records based on some criteria.

I currently use openDOX (http://www.imagearch.com/Products/OpenDOX/opendox.html) but looking another <strike>non-unix</strike> solutions (for windows)
    edit: meant to say "another" instead of "another non-unix" solution ... openDOX is not a unix solutions...

What's openDOX?
    OpenDOX software from Image Architects converts the piles of paperwork in your office to digital files -- scanning, sorting and storing all your information electronically. OpenDOX is the most unique product of its kind, offering an out-of-the-box solution to your document imaging needs without the high cost, lengthy development cycle, and frustration of custom programming. We designed OpenDOX to work with the computer setup you already have, and we made it simple enough so that you don't need a dedicated database or network administrator to keep it up and running.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2003
  2. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Adobe Acrobat I believe has the capability of scanning, doesn't it?

3. choler

choler New Member

the application needs to do all the things mentioned in "what's openDOX?" ...
    all acro does is make pdf's...

4. Knoxster

Knoxster Guest

there is an application by ScanSoft called PaperPort. I'm not sure if this does what you're looking for, however we are running a few copies of it at my company. This software can scan a printed document, and then save it as a word document, excel spreadsheet, jpeg, etc... depending on what software is installed on the same computer.
    Here's the link: http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/e...&xid=21763&DSP=&CUR=840&PGRP=0&CACHE_ID=67466

5. choler

choler New Member

cool thanks...going to call them up tomorrow to find out more about the search features because its not clear how the data entry and search query is managed by the program :confused:

but if someone else has any other recommendations ... i am all ears... :)