Imaging and Partitioning a SATA hard drive

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Yep, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Yep

Yep Knick knack paddy whack, give the old dog a bone

My company has started getting new PC's in that are using SATA (the wave of the future).

We keep restore images for every PC at each location in case we have a hardware failure requiring us to re-image the hard drive.

I've been creating bootable recovery CD's and DVD's with Ghost 7.0 for our IDE based PC's with no problem over the past year, but with these new SATA hard drives I'm having some problems. Problems in that it does not recognize the hard drive or won't even load.

I've tried using Acronis Partition Manager 7.0 to repartition but the computer just keeps rebooting. I tried using Acronis True Image 7.0 to image to a network share but it doesn't even load. I don't know if this is due to a BIOS issue or the SATA drives. These particular symptoms are on a no-frills IBM T43 laptop. My next step is to try both in version 8.0, check the BIOS settings, and cross my fingers.

I'm sure someone out there is doing this, I just need to know what apps/versions you're using and any details that are important to get it working.

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Use the -noide switch in ghost

3. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

winnar!