Imagine Cup

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by CompiledMonkey, Apr 18, 2004.

1. CompiledMonkey

CompiledMonkey New Member

A few of us from school have been working on a project for the Imagine Cup for the past few months. We got to Princeton last night to settle in. Today from 9am to 9pm was the actual competition. We won second place beating teams such as MIT, CMU, Cornell, Stony Brook, etc. Now we get to go TechEd in San Diego with everything paid for by Microsoft. We'll be competing for the national title with 8 other teams.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2004
  2. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

:coold: What exactly do you do for the competition? And (more importantly) what do you get if you win?

3. CompiledMonkey

I'll try and do a better write up on Project Linden than what is on my website, but it's rather long to talk about now. I'm actually about to leave Princeton for Richmond soon. We won $500 and the trip to TechEd for this competition. At TechEd, the winner gets $8000, 2nd gets $4000, and 3rd gets $2000.

4. Woodmaster

Woodmaster New Member

Congrats. That would be funny if you won and they are like, "Barbara show them what they won! You win $8,000 in Microsoft Products including MS FrontPage, Outlook, XP Pro and we can't forget the word office suite!, what a wonderful prize!" lol

5. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

lol, or here is your single processor license for SQL Server Standard edition! (which is about $8k)

6. CompiledMonkey

What's interesting is during the competition they were holding small tech talks. At the end of which they were giving out free Office software. My team didn't take any because our University has MSDNAA, so we get EVERYTHING from Microsoft for free as students. :)

7. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Sounds very :cool: I was drunk when I posted the message above, so I didn't think at the time to check your website for more information :doh:

I've met the guy who runs the programming competition team at the school I'll be at next year, he seemed pretty cool and very eager to have me join. I think I'll go see what it's all about :coold:

8. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

9. D1G1T4L

D1G1T4L Active Member

Congrats, good luck !

10. CompiledMonkey

Thanks everyone! :big grin: