Image problem on website...please help us evaluate!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hellodon, May 16, 2007.

1. hellodon

hellodon

We discovered last night that we may have a problem with our website still that we thought we got rid of during the last redesign almost a year ago.

Anyone who's got a minute or two to spare and can help us figure this out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Please go to http://www.krudmart.com/products_new.php and see if the thumbnails are missing.

It's supposed to look like this:
    [​IMG]

Not like this:
    [​IMG]

The deal is that for most people it looks fine (top image), but some people, the thumbnail images don't load and we can't figure out what's causing it.

If you get the load without images, I'd really appreciate it if you could just respond with some brief computer specs and the browser you're using. We need to figure out what is causing this ridiculousness...if you're a programmer and have any idea what could cause this that would be INCREDIBLE!

Thank you so much in advance guys.

2. Claydus

Claydus Active Member

works with my firefox and ie 7

3. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

works fine for me.

5. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

works fine for me in ie7

6. Moistfly

Moistfly Anal Bum Cover

Working fine in FF, IE7 and Opera here.

7. piratepenguin

piratepenguin New Member

hmm that's kinda weird. Working here.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9a5pre) Gecko/20070507 Minefield/3.0a5pre [Firefox]

With CSS disabled they still show - the widths and hights are specified in the markup. Therefore if the server wasn't serving the images you'd get a broken image icon.

But maybe the error only occurs in another browser? Is it always only those images that don't show? What about the ones on the side?

8. hellodon

hellodon

Wow really...we sure did pay someone for it. How bad is it having those errors? I had no idea...we've been in business with this version of the site for over a year and things have been pretty great, but I have a feeling we're missing a LOT of business by having problems like this.

Wow thank you so much for bringing that to my attention....we need a new OS Commerce programmer ASAP that really knows it. If anyone can help with that, please let me know. I am going to make a separate post about it as well. I think we need to do a clean OSC install and then add the modifications accordingly to fit the customizations that were used for our site to look and function like it does.

Thanks os much for your help guys, I'm glad that no ones seen the problem yet, but I am totally bummed about that error log

9. hellodon

hellodon

The computer that had the error last night was a newer laptop using Internet Explorer File Version 7.0.6000. 16441.

We had this problem a while back with our last website, the programmer was a noob so he had no idea and probably caused it somehow. Since then, we hired a new guy and he started from scratch, BUT, I think he took the code that was used with our last site and used that for our product entry. He usually responds very quickly via email and I havent heard back from him since last night when I sent him all the details of the problem.

This sucks - what the hell are we supposed to do in a situation like this...can't even reach the programmer, and even if I do - he obviously doesnt know what he's doing as much as we thought he did....after seeing that error log, we can't use him and trust it....If anyone has any suggestions on where to turn that would be amazing.