iMac or MBP?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cbenedict, Feb 20, 2009.

1. cbenedict

cbenedict OT Supporter

and another thing... do iMacs use mobile (laptop) parts?

2. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

i'd get a MBP + a monitor, personally... what are you going to use the computer for? are you going to need to take it anywhere? gotta ask yourself these questions before you make a choice like this

3. SeanJhn9

SeanJhn9 Active Member

i was in the same boat!

i was stuck between the a MBP and an iMac...i ended up going w/ the MBP because if i ever needed/wanted to take it w/ me i could, if i wanted to use it as a desktop i could get an apple display.

the iMac is beautiful and one of the best features (to me) is that its wireless so it can be setup anywhere in the house and you dont have to worry about running an ethernet cable to it!

either way go to the apple store website and look at their refurbished stuff, it is great and at a great price! i got my MBP for $1349.00. another thing that's great is that the iMac is getting redone this year so you don't want to pay full price for something now that will be newer/better by as soon as april possibly

4. cbenedict

cbenedict OT Supporter

i dont really need to be mobile, i usually sitting at my desk surfing the web.

but if the imac and mbp are 95% the same under the hood - do u think its something to consider?

ill be ripping dvd's a lot
    downloading for hours or possibly days straight
    burning dvds
    surfing the web
    very light photo/video work (just family stuff, nothing pro)

5. hay112

hay112 For every sprinkle I find I shall kill you