SRS I'm trying to quit smoking.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by superduperjoejo, Jan 2, 2007.

1. superduperjoejo

superduperjoejo Ballin' on a Budget

I've only been smoking regulalry for about six months. Before that, I'd go to the bars and get smashed and smoke, but I never did it outside of that. Then I started dating this girl that was a smoker and it was pretty easy to get into the habit of smoking with her. The next thing I knew, I was smoking more than her. Currently I'm at about 1-pack+ a day.

I've only been smoking for six months, so I figured I would be able to just drop it cold turkey. I made it my New Year's resolution to quit after promising my little sister I would, but all day long I've been craving a cig so I caved in and bought a pack. Apparently, cold turkey is going to take a hell of a lot more will power than I have at this current moment. I've got questions about the patch and other methods I've heard. Does the patch completely kill the cravings? And how do I deal with the need to have a cig in my hand? Now its just natural to me to having a cig when I'm driving or on break at work or just shooting pool at the bar. Any suggestions and/or support will be more than welcome.

2. bluesphx

bluesphx Member

I started on the patch yesterday. I caved once and bummed a cig. It helps with the physical cravings and side effects but doesnt help with the actual act of smoking. I use snack foods and toothpicks and gum to help with that. Its not easy, but it will happen eventually. Good luck to you man. Keep at it.

3. Boomhauer

Boomhauer New Member

My dad used Menthol Halls cough drops, Fisherman's Friends, and Big Red gum to quit smoking.

4. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

nicotine lozenges and toothpicks

5. basOOna

basOOna New Member

I'm on the Menthol Halls right now man, I'm on my second day of not smoking.

I grabbed a beer at the local store to see if I can live in a world without cigarettes and I have to say, I'm not holding up too well.

I stopped smoking hash every day almost 2 weeks ago, haven't smoked since, so I thought I'd give normal ciggies a try, but I tells ya: I'm cravin'!!!