GUN I'm torn on what to get

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mvizos, Feb 26, 2007.

?

Which one to get

1. yugo (I think) tomorrow

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Arsenal once more money is saved up

13 vote(s)
    68.4%
  3. I've never seen red dawn

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. mvizos

mvizos New Member

So, I want another AK...I've got a wasr, I don't much care for it. It's been a lot of hassle because I apparently got the only AK that doesn't give trouble free operation.

So, I'm going to head to my dealer tomorrow, I know he's got another one in stock, with an underfolder.

But here is my dilemma. I can go see what my usual dealer has in stock (pretty sure it's a yugo with an underfolder on it) and probably buy from him, or I know there is another place a little further out that has some arsenal AK's.

Problem is, the arsenal AKs are like 400 to 600 MORE than the yugo (naturally).

Do I go for the yugo (I think it was a yugo, last time I was there) or do I wait a little longer and get the arsenal.

I've got a ton of 7.62 on hand right now, but if I bought the cheaper one, I could always buy more. Either way, this gun is really only going to see range use, and possibly putting down a Soviet & Cuban/Latin-American invasion (wolverines!)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Arsenal, or Polish. The nonchrome lined thing really turns me off the yugo's.

3. mvizos

mvizos New Member

I've got to double check if it's yugo or polish, but I thought it was just the yugo SKS' that didn't get a chrome lining...it's the ak's too? :hs:

edit: looked around more, and indeed you are correct (thanks!) that the yugos don't have the chrome. That will factor into the decision as well.

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yugo's didnt chrome line any of there weapons :hs:
    Thats my main turn off to them, fit and finish is decent (better then romy) but the polish rifles are usually have a bit better finish to them as well.

5. striker754

striker754 Chillin

who gives a shit if the barrel is chrome or not. you are probably shooting wolf out of it anyways which is not corrosive. and are you really going to shoot enough ammo to wear out the barrel...?

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have corrosive stuff stockpiled so it is a concern to me.

7. striker754

striker754 Chillin

not like cleaning them is a big deal or anything

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Might not have time to clean with soviet and cuban troops running around :noes:

I look at it like this, the polish rifles are about $50 more then the yugo's they have chrome line and a bit better finish, $50 more isn't that big of a deal to me worth the extra peace of mind IMO.

9. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

10. mvizos

mvizos New Member

11. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I've got a Polish kit that is still waiting to be build. It's very solid. The only thing that I don't like about it is the finish. I put a piece of masking tape on it and some of it came off :rofl:

Not that it really matters because once it gets built I'll be duracoating it. So if you decide to go the Polish route, just make sure it been re-finished. I think the Poles just used black paint to coat their AKs .

12. mvizos

mvizos New Member

okay, I should have made it a public poll. Who the hell hasn't seen red dawn?

13. itchiban

itchiban New Member

I voted Yugo. You could buy another gun with the price difference.

14. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

ive had two of the yugos, and i promptly sold both of them. i really dislike them. quality is ok, but they are just meh. i prefer the fixed stock to the underfolder too. it had some piece of shit trigger too. it was absolutely horrible. id go with the arsenal if you can swing it. if not, go with a lancaster or vector.

15. ElChupacabra

ElChupacabra we should have fucking shotguns

Dare I say, Hungarian or Polytech Legend underfolder...

16. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

if he can barely afford an arsenal, he cant afford either of those.

17. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Probably cheap ass USA trigger, nothing a G2 or RSA wouldnt fix.

18. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I dont think they made a Legend underfolder, I think they just had fixed and bakelite sidefolder. Preban Hungarians are fucking nice but I dont think he wants to spend $1700

19. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

probably. i didnt like the gun overall either though. it had that black furniture, and it was just so damn ugly. even when i put wood furniture on, it just didnt look right. i dont want another yugo. ill take chromelined.

20. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

I think yugos are overpriced

21. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

they are at anything over 500. classic arms has them for 439 i think, and thats a decent deal... 12 bucks shipping and 20 transfer fee, its not a terrible deal.

22. mvizos

mvizos New Member

If I was spending that much, well, I don't want to spend that much on an AK.

I can afford it, it would just be next week instead of today(hell, it could be today, but I don't want to dip into savings. Right now it's coming solely from the gun fund.) But the question really is whether or not it's worth spending that much MORE on a fancied up AK..

I'm leaning towards the yugo right now, since it's going to be used just at the range. I'll see what the dealer has in stock, and go from there.

23. mvizos

mvizos New Member

went out to the shop, he didn't have what I was wanting (in an AK) so I'll just wait and get something else later. Did pick up a Ruger MkIII 5.5" bull barrel though :run: