SRS Im tired as hell after class.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BradUF, Jan 10, 2007.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I am trying to get my life in order so I thought it would be a nice change to take early classes instead of starting the day at noon. Well getting up at 7am and getting out of class at noon leaves me damn tired. So tired infact that I come home and go back to sleep until about 3pm everyday. Well this is unaccetable due to the fact that I am trying to be more productive and work after class. Taking a 3 hour nap everyday really messes things up and leaves me feeling like crap. I used to experience this all through high school because I had to get up early. Is it normal to feel like crap right after school?

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Its normal, its because your living a conflicting lifestyle. In one aspect you want to go early to bed, in the other aspect you want to extend your time = conflict.

To me personally, i dropped the bad sleeping habits mainly because i realised how useless they were. It didn't give me any reward, so drop whatever you find useless and get a lot of sleep so you can manage to get thru those classes. I personally won't blame you tho if you break your day up in two and sleep 2 times a day.

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

when are you going to bed?

Here's the trick. It really doesn't matter when you go to bed or when you get up. Just make sure it happens around the same time every day. Your body will adjust to this, and you will start to get used to it. And try to get 6 hours or more a night.

4. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I get 7-8 hours every night. God damn this M-F class.

5. XPX

XPX New Member

try shorter naps, like 15-30 minutes

when I take naps longer than that I wake up feeling awful

6. MrInconsistant

MrInconsistant New Member

try eating something to get your energy up

7. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

I am in the same boat. I usually get 7-8 hours of sleep. I have to wake up at 6AM 3 times a week. The thing is, I also want to start getting in shape. However, by the time I get home from college, I am exhausted and I just want to lie around and unwind. I don't know why I'm tired, it's not like I'm doing something physically draining. I'm waking up, getting on the bus, sitting in class, go to another class, then hop back on the bus home.

Any suggestions? I know working out (especially cardio, from what I've heard) would give me more energy during the day, which would hopefully keep me more awake. However, I'm too tired to work out! It's a vicious cycle :wtc:

8. BradUF

BradUF Guest

That is exactly it.

9. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

you are going from beta to theta delta and alpha waves when you are trying to take a nap that long.

the result, your brain and body are preparing to go to bed but then you get up. that is why you feel like shit.

so you can only take a short nap or physically lie down to rest.

personally I think its one or the other, school or work, the two combined are far too taxing on me.

10. dazed

dazed New Member

i take a 30 minute nap, drink some tea and then go after my classes.

11. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Shorter naps is what works for me.

I always make it a rule to put my alarm clock across the room, that way I have to get up to turn it off. Noon-3 isn't that bad though, since not a lot goes on during the day at that time. If I were you, one of those hours should be spent sleeping, and the other 2 at the gym.

12. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Maybe you need 9 to 10 hours of sleep, NOT 8 or less.
    I remember I use to feel like shit every day except the weekends. Everyone told me to get 8hrs of sleep, anymore was bad for you. Well one night I went to bed early, got 9.5hrs of sleep, and felt AWESOME for the rest of the day. Ever since I try to get 9 to 10hrs of sleep, I just ignore everyone who tells me I asleep to much.

13. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

Damn... gotta go to sleep early for 9-10 hours. And I'm usually a night owl too. To also add to this, I just got off my winter break where I spent most of the nights staying up to 3AM and waking up at 2PM the next day. I guess all of these factors are contributing.

I'm going to try to get at least 8 hours of sleep tonight... I'll report back tomorrow and hopefully I'll have more energy.