GUN I'm thinking of starting a company.. gun related

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Want2race, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

Pretty simple deal because I havent found one thus far thats any good.

Teaching both private security guards and private citizens how to handle "oh shit" situations.

I know many rental cop places have a "2 day class" and honestly its idiotic to think thats good enough.

Basic concept, get a new expert in every day for one of the days. Gain some knowledge and insite from them and then several days of practicing in live fire and non live fire enviroments!

The class would also appeal to people who carry guns in places that they are not legally allowed to ie Churches etc but the business is training, not morals and principles.

Any thoughts ? Would I be foolish to throw money at this idea?

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Private citizen part i can see, but as far as private security guards I doubt any of them would pay for there people to do the training, they generally don't want to pay for anything more then the state required classes.

3. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

Well you do the basic class for the states requirements but offer extras for the poor guy whose life is on the line.. and maybe flexible payment options?

4. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

Dude, it's much harder than you think to get people do drop coin like that...especially when they don't make all that much to begin with.

5. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

true

i did notice that the homeland security commision is giving away $$ to start these types of programs and will pro rate some of the tuition costs!

Problem is with 5-8 guys you need $4000 each to make a high level class pay for the experts.. Low levels easy around $600 each!

govt subsidy is around $400 for security guards so $1000 schooling for $600.. still not great but getting better

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In NY you need to take a 47 hour class then theres a yearly 8 hour refresher, most security companies are pretty cheap and will not pay for anything more then they are required to. If the courses are inexpensive or your conducting state required classes then offer additional classes you may get a few people who will pay out of pocket for it but not too many.

7. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Learn to read the 1st post. He's bringing in an expert to teach the class, not himself.

8. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

Right. I feel I know a good bit but I am smart enough to know other people know more than me!

I have 2 years of infantry and active urban live fire experiences but its not really applicable to most situations that I would like to educate others on.