MIL I'm thinking about joining the Airforce

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by shakeNbake18, Oct 22, 2008.

1. shakeNbake18

shakeNbake18 New Member

So I'm thinking about joining the military soon and still debating what branch I would like to join. At first (about a year ago when I was 17) I really wanted to join the Army (infantry) or Marines just because I thought it would be badass and wanted to fight. Well I've definitely ruled out any infantry job..I took the ASVAB when I was in military school and got an 87. I Got my high school diploma and am still unsure about what I want to do with my life. I've been working at an electronics store inside a grocery store for a few months and still living with my mom..I need to do something. I really want to get out of this town and see the world. I live in a boring town in alaska and really want to travel. My bro is an MP and he has so many pictures of different countries all over Europe. I was thinking about becoming an MP because I wanted to do what my brother did. My brother was chosen to be a guard for a four star general for a long time. He wore a suit and tie, drove a mercedes, carried a submachine gun, and did a lot of cool stuff. Thats what made me want to join the military but I know It's very rare to be selected to do that..I really have no clue what I want to do. I want to do something extciting and TRAVEL and see places. I really want to travel and to have at least a little freedom. What type of job in the military offers that? I DON'T want any sort of "office job" or mechanical type job. Thanks

2. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Loadmaster.
    Do eet.

Wasilla? lol

3. SW20 Nick

SW20 Nick my avatar is cuter than urz

i wish i listened to this advice when i was younger. Do it, it is THE best job in the air force. You see the world, you travel constantly, you get extra pays for everything. Its insane....do it while ur young.

listen to the old(er) servicemen in here.

4. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

+1 , Loadmaster is one of the best jobs in the military. You can even do it in the Marine Corps. ;)

If you plan on making a career out of the military, do your research, and pick something that you would like to do for the next 20 years or so. You can always retrain and do a lat move.

If your plan is to do 1 enlistment, get some college money and then get out, my suggestion is to do something that you would never, ever do in the civilian world. Be a grunt, drive tanks, EOD, helicopter gunner, etc.. blow some shit up.

5. Julius

Julius Guest

take heed

i love communication, but becoming signal in the army was the dumbest decision that i have made in my life. i work with the most broken, pathetic, unmotivated people ever and dread each day because it's all paper pushing and monitoring shitbags. i wish i would've joined the infantry EVERY DAY.

6. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

^^^^

Yep. I ended up with an Intel job that is super lame. I volunteer for deployments because the job sucks. I am attempting to retrain into EOD as we speak.

7. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I hope you make it.

By that, I mean I hope you don't blow up. :eek3:

8. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

You work in an electronics store within a grocery store?

Must be one baller ass grocery store you have there!
    Do you find yourself looking at those fucking peppers!?:eek4: