A&P Im thinkin about gettin a Digital Rebel(300D)

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Sam Alter, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Sam Alter

Sam Alter Guest

would you guys recommend it? i have a s400 now, and just wnat more features, and better image quality. Is there a certain website where its cheaper?

2. datsunfreak

datsunfreak Guest

For the price, it's really tough to beat. I would recommend it.

Personally, I'm a Nikon shooter, but the Digital Rebel is alot of camera for the price. Doesn't hurt that it comes bundled with a decent lens for less than $1000.

3. Sam Alter

Sam Alter Guest

is there a cheep nikon?

4. one66stang

one66stang Haters.com

Nikon D70 with kit lens $1299 without lens $999

5. mojito

mojito New Member

just depends on which lens system you want to get into. I personally love the layout of the Canon's, and hate the Nikon's, but thats all preference. I would also not risk spending tham much money trying to save a few bucks ordering from someplace that has no reputation, like digitalliquidators.com thats always in the back of the magazines.

6. Sam Alter

Sam Alter Guest

well my mom, brother, sister, and mom's boyfriend all have canon slr cameras, so if i got teh d300, id be able to use all there lenses

7. mojito

mojito New Member

they stopped making FD lenses in 84, so it's a pretty safe assmption that they'd be EF lenses

8. SL1200MK4

SL1200MK4 New Member

If you are gonna get the 300D, DON'T get the kit lens... it sucks, honestly...

If you are gonna get the D70, the kit lens is great... AFS, ED glass elements... If you plan on have a wide lens selection later on or want to get a film body as well. Then dont' get the kit lens on the D70. I think the 24-120 VR is a great lens. Only that it doesn't go as wide on the D70, if 36mm is wide enough for you most of the time, then Maybe you had wanna consider paying more to get the 24-120 VR lens. It will be a better protrait lens as well, because at 70mm (105mm on D70) you have headroom at both wide and tele end still. Where as the kit lens, you are stuck at 105mm.

9. BLKDVLGSX

BLKDVLGSX OT Supporter

I'm a Nikon whore too :bigthumb: