GUN I'm the best shooter at my college.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jeepilot, Feb 23, 2006.

1. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

I competed recently in my university's pistol and rifle shooting competition. I scored 229 out of 250. I beat everyone there, and i competed in the independent class against frats and other independent shooters. The comp. was all .22 with pistol shooting at 30ft timed, 3mins, 20sec, and 10 sec, for 5 shots out of a ruger 22/45 target model. You had to use all of their guns to keep it consistent. The rifle comepetition was 30ft standing, sitting, and prone, with choice of open or peep sights. 3mins for 5 shots. Overall it wasn't too bad, but i realized i definately suck at the pistol shooting. Groups for the rifle standing were about 1 inch with blade/open sights, with a flyer speading to about 1.5 inches. I was pretty proud of that. The poi was off or else i would have gotten prolly 50/50 instead of 40/50. Same case with prone, i shot 40/50 because i could tell poi. They wouldn't allow braces or rests for any of the standing or shooting, but prone got a mat and a sandbag to rest on. group on the prone was about 1 inch.

What i find funny was that on the 3min pistol, i completely missed the target on one of the shots, and still scored better than everyone else by at least 7pts. I got a free t-shirt and bragging rights. I wish our school had an organized shooting team. Oh well. Just thought i'd brag.

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:cool: congrats good job

3. soccaian

soccaian New Member

i wish FSU had competitions like that. i've heard that we have a pistol team, but its only for the criminology students

4. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

congrats. Now would be a good time to bring it up to the school that they should consider fielding a shooting team. If you had alot of students there that shows an interest.

5. Furner

Furner New Member

i think im the only shooter at my school :hs:

6. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Not only that, you have to join the frat that does it. I think it's called LAE.

7. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

Thats very cool. Congrats, i personally sucks with pistols, so good job beating them with your weakness.

I just found out our school has a rifle club, but we cant have club shooting events since its a "liablility" damn BS.

Anyway, congrats on the bragging rights, way to make OT proud.

8. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

Congrats!

Now go to a community college.. Everyone there has an A in shooting ;)

9. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

The range here is kept up and operated by our school's LAE (law enforcement frat). The school is pretty good for Criminal Justice. They use it for the CJ program, and the ROTC uses it sometimes i think for basic marksmanship. They allow .22lr, 9mm, .38spc, .40, and .45. Little high on the bullet prices, but the point fee is reasonable at 4 bucks for as long as you want. You can shoot what you bring, but if you buy their ammo, you're basically renting their guns(which aren't that good). The range is under one of the buildings here on campus. 30ft range with ventelation, and about 15 points to shoot at. Concrete pilars in the shooting lanes, but they're protected. Decent for about a 40 yr old range, but not the greatest. They're open 6:30-9 on monday and thursday nights.

Is what is really cool, but i haven't checked it out yet, is our school's clays and trap range. It's pretty nice, but operated by the FFA/AG department, and it's off campus. Prices seem pretty reasonable, but the weather has been too cold to check it out. HERES A LINK.

I thought about bringing it up, and asked about a shooting team. There's unofficially a group on facebook that likes to shoot there. I doubt that the Student government would go for a shooting league, but i do know that there are other colleges in missouri that compete in trap, so it's worth a shot. no pun.

10. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

One good thing about FSU, we have the Apalachicola National Forest that has an entirely free shooting range.

11. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

one of the frats at FSU is putting a paintball tournament up on march 25 for school teams and march 26 for frats. thats the best that we have. :hs:

12. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

oh man, everyone would be dead if they did that at my old college.

13. soccaian

soccaian New Member

you go here? :coold:

14. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

yeah. i live in high park off campus.:wavey:

15. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

nice shooting

16. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

Do any of your schools have NCAA rifle teams? Just curious as none of you have mentioned teams, just clubs :o