LGBT I'm the Asshole

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Peyomp, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

So, I cycled down to the corner bar and met some friends who were coming from a wedding. They were sloshed. I was not. One of them met a guy at the bar and brings him over to our booth of 6. I know him. His name is Jamie (changed to protect his identity on the homo network). My friend Jay is next to me, and starts cracking up because he is introducing himself around the table.

Background: I met Jamie when I was out drinking with Jay... about 2.5 years ago. He was a very cool guy, early 30s, and we had alot in common. I was pretty sure he was gay, but it wasn't obvious. One of his friends said we looked really good together. Okay, he's gay. So we all go to his condo to hang out (3 of us, 5 of his friends), and we're both into languages and we're talking animatedly and he lends me some books. He lends me three linguistic books that you cannot easily find.

We have an intro date after that. A couple of my friends stop by to check him out. Its a little weird that they do that, but things go okay. Anyway, after that I flaked on him. It had fuck all to do with him. It was other shit going on in my life. Then I lost his number. I didn't know which condo in the gated community was his because I was drunk when I met him. I forgot about his books, but I remembered every week or two and just never got them back to him. Eventually I got the books to him through Jay at a homeowner's meeting, that Jay and Jamie both go to. It took about 6 months. Weak. Lame. I know. I've seen him around a couple times across a bar. Jay has seen him frequently, and told him I wasn't shady, I was just a flake.

So, when he comes over and introduces himself I say, "Sorry about the books." He says, "I was gonna say, 'Hi, I'm Jamie'." I say, "We've met. I'm Russ, and I'm sorry about the books." He didn't recognize me. I had hair back then. He looks at me and like freaks out and says, "I don't know what to say." He's angry, I look down and he shoots me an angry look... but I get the sense he feels betrayed and hurt. Then he tells the guy that met him he won't be joining us, and storms off.

Really fucked up my night. Look, I was an asshole, and I know everyone that is an asshole has excuses, so I won't make any. But I kinda feel like he did NOT have to fucking react that way. Like... Jesus, get over it... it was 2.5 fucking years ago. Roll with it.

Anyway, thought I'd vent.

2. chunky

chunky frank and beans!

I guess he would be the "bitch" in the relationship?

he musta really liked you or something. and you trampled on his heart. shame on you.

3. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Dude, that is my impression too. It really sucks. He was a really 'super' guy.

4. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

oh, I'm sorry... that sucks ass (and not good ass)

5. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

Your Carrie and he's Aidan...

(from Sex and the City "You BROKE MY HEART!!!")