SRS I'm taking the next step... Trying to at least...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ruination, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Ruination

Ruination New Member

This girl has broken my heart twice now. I'm just now trying to remove all pictures of her that I have. I guess I'm not looking for an actual response right now, just getting this off of my chest.

I appreciate the support I've received through all of you over the past couple of years.

Thank you.

2. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Go hang out with some friends, as often as possible, and definately get rid of the stuff. You do, of course, now know why you should never get back with an ex. It never seems to work out... :(

Good luck, man!

3. Fred91GTA

Fred91GTA New Member

Yea dude. Go do shit you always wanted to do before that you couldn't when your ex was around. Hit the gym and get in better shape. I see by your av that you're a Subaru fan. Go rallying or something if you have a WRX or an STI. Just get out there and enjoy the things life has to offer you. With me, my ex gf used to hate it when I'd go racing. Now, I go racing every weekend (at a track of course) and just bought myself a nice Gixxer 600 sportbike which I intend to race next season.

Also, now that your ex is gone, you're gonna have a whole shitload of money to yourself. That's a plus as I'm sure a good chunk of change was going to her in the first place. Dude, I know it feels really bad right now, but this could be the best thing to ever happen to you.

And don't just remove the pictures that you have of her. REMOVE EVERYTHING. All the gifts or clothes that she gave you, either throw them out, give them away, or keep em sealed in a box somewhere. Those will just remind you of her in the future and really mess you up. Good luck man. You'll be OK.

4. johan

johan Active Member

You don't necessarily need to throw it all away.
    If she was a big, I mean HUGE, part of your life, you can just pack it away.

This serves you in a couple of ways:

In the future you may come to hate her less and realize she did something she felt compelled to do.

This is human, all too human. Don't hate irrationally on someone for doing something 99% of all people would do, have done, or will do.

And if she was that big a part of your life once, there will be some good times mixed in there. Pretending there is a big void during that time by destroying all the "evidence" ... well there's better ways of dealing with change than that.

It's a reasonable response from say....an 8 year old girl, but as you get older, hopefully you begin to see shades of gray in everything, instead of black/white.

And lastly the main reason for hanging on, is the bittersweet reminiscing you're going to do in the far future, one day. It'll be a good time. Trust me, the bitter fades over time, and all that remains is the sweet. Ah the sweet bliss of selective memory.