LGBT I'm such a pathetic homo :hs:

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Jobe, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Jobe

Jobe keke ^_^

It's Saturday night and I'm sitting at home on the computer, alone. I did basically the same thing last night as well.

I don't really know of any gay hangouts in my town, but even if I did I doubt I'd have the balls to go because I have zero social skills. :wtc: I also only know two gay guys... one's my ex, and the other is just annoying to be around, so I'd have to go in alone.

How did you guys go about discovering gay culture and whatnot?

2. suckmyexhaust

suckmyexhaust New Member

Jumped right in and check out 'the' club in town. After that, picked up one of the magazines that detailed the area activities and then hooked up with a guy that showed me the way around the different groups.

3. Jobe

Jobe keke ^_^

Here we have... The Electric Cowboy, about as straight as it can get. The other club that I know of got shut down :hsd:

4. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

A place called 'The Electric Cowboy' is straight? :hsugh:

5. suckmyexhaust

suckmyexhaust New Member

The do what I have to do...

DRIVE.

6. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

7. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

Jobe, I wouldn't call myself pathetic, but I rarely hit the clubs either and do very few gay things as well... it is just who I am. There is a huge community in Toronto, and apart from walking in the pride parade last week, I maybe hit the gay area once every 3 or 4 months. Then again I am a loner and don't mingle with others well.

Being home on a Sat night is not all bad, providing you have a balance in your life and enjoy it overall. 90% of the time I am home on Fri and Sat night, but I work on Sat and Sun mornings (very early), so don't want to be doing stuff out late.

Life is how you structure it. Who knows, maybe Wolf will come take you out one weekend ... nah, he wants to fly up and go out with me.

8. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Well, when I was living at home I really didn't have 'gay friends'. Well, my mom is an old hag, but her fags didn't count—although they did influence me. When I went to college, I remember my first day when I was moving in (or, more correctly, noticed that the Christian Alliance was helping to move people in, so I grabbed 5 of them and had them move me in) and I saw the panel of ResLife staff—all gay. I dropped my attaché, opened my arms, and bellowed "I'm home". The homos giggled, and immediately introduced me to Ferron.

Instant gaggle of fags.

9. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

Out here, there are a couple alternative weekly newspaper/magazine type things. Aside from off the wall and alternative news, they also provide listings of bars and clubs to hit around town. They have a G/L/T section that is full of various places catering to all different kinds of tastes.

Look around and see if you can find something similar.

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com
    http://www.lasvegascitylife.com
    http://hamburgermaryslv.com/ <-- A little eye-candy for the bois on this board. Check the photo section!

10. coma

coma New Member

All I see are drag pics, no bois.:wtc:

11. sholnay

sholnay New Member

shhh, remember, mike isnt a real gay - at least he is trying to know what the majority are in to.... :big grin: :love:

12. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

Actually, you are right. That is pretty much all drag stuff. It's not like that all the time. They are normal (what the hell is normal anyway) most of the time.

I have been to Hamburger Mary's though. They have really good burgers. The Buffy burger is especially good. It's kind of a shock when you walk in and aren't expecting it, but its not terrible. I wasn't the only straight guy there either.
    A couple friends and I were eating at the HofbrauHaus (<--link) which is THE place for German beer and food. We wanted a change of scenery and wandered across the street. Well, the two gay friends I was with enjoyed it and the music wasn't all bad. I don't think I'll be going back, but it wasn't all bad. They played decent music albeit a little heavy on the electronica for me. It was funny to see a bunch of people start cheering when they played "I feel like a Woman" by Shania Twain. I don't usually care for country, but that was really funny.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  13. sholnay

sholnay New Member

man, you are so gayer than I am... sheesh.

14. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

You need to work on it then. ;)

Don't make me bust out the "Spotlight Lounge" story.

15. sholnay

sholnay New Member

im trying... ive at least got ONE oneup on you... gay sex! :rofl:

edit: on second thought, maybe i dont even have THAT on you??? :greddy:

16. CoCo

:rofl: :rofl:

17. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

No, you do.
    You are most definitely gayer than I.

I don't know what I can call myself. One guy called me flowery :ugh: the other night while we were playing blackjack. Sit down with 2 friends of mine and we are playing, not winning much at all. The conversations are a lot like the Random Thoughts thread with wierd shit coming in out of the blue.

The guy, whom I did not know, said I was cool, but I sounded flowery. I gave him my best "WTF! you're freaking me out" look and said "uh thanks." and went back to my cards.

So, I'm borderline metro, really enjoy food (a little too much) I like my martial arts training although a lady didn't quite pull a punch in time during fight class. I'm an OK dresser and do kinda enjoy shopping. The only problem I see is that I don't find guys attractive. If I did, I could easily call myself gay and be done with it.

I REALLY like the ladies though and am not sure if I can be called metro or not.

I'm a confused straight guy who has been hanging out in a gay forum for far too long. This has become one of my regular stops on OT.

18. CoCo

...it's because we are much more fun to hang around. ;)

19. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

pretty much. I can only get my kicks for so long making fun of broly's in the F&N forum.
    They get all bent out of shape really quick though. Mention to them that they spend the majority of their time in a gym, filled with other men, with mirrors all over the walls...1 + 1 + 1 = teh homo!

They turn all e-gangster on me and tell me that they would kick my ass if I ever stared at them.

20. CoCo

...oh, the stories I could tell. But I never suck and tell (without changing the names ;) )

21. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

I don't even want to know...

OK, I do, but its like when you see a car wreck. You know you shouldn't look and just continue driving, but you just can't help it.

-edit- OK, I've been compelled to tell the Spotlight Lounge story.

Out playing pool one night and we finish up. Go to turn the balls in and I hand the lady my debit card. She says cash only. I'm thinking that she must have missed the train that ran from the last century to this one. Oh well, I need cash, so I ask where the ATM is. "We don't have one here, you'll need to go to the bar over there." She points through the window to this little joint called the Spotlight Lounge. I say OK and proceed to walk over and get some cash. Walk in and it seems like any other local dive kinda place. Smoke hanging low in the air, dim lighting except for the harsh glow of fourescent lights by the bathrooms. Not much going on except for a game on TV and some music playing. I walk over to the ATM in the corner and before I even get my wallet out, this man walks up and puts his arm around my shoulders and says :greddy: Hey there thtud.
    I was only 18 at the time and wasn't sure how to respond.
    I just said "excuse me man, I'm trying to get some cash.":ugh:
    I think he could sense I was about to freak out a little so he just said "OK, see ya later cutie."

I got my money and hauled ass outta there. That was one of my first expieriences with gay men. Horny bastids!!!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  22. CoCo

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm so happy that I don't have a lisp.

...now, if I could only work on my walk...

23. sholnay

sholnay New Member

lol, mike, you're such a pathetic homo... :rofl: we really hijacked this thread =(

Sorry Jobe, no hard feelings? :love: Im a pathetic homo by your definition too... I just try not to let it bother me TOO much ;)

24. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

But I'm not a homo...I guess I'm just pathetic.

:wtc:

25. sholnay

sholnay New Member

hahaha, dont worry, you arent in the least, just because you know more about the gay scene in your town, and you can probably get along with any person in this world... those arent pathetic attributes - not in the least.