I'm stumped. A girl asked me out.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Guz200sx, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

Some background first - I work in a school with 4-5yr olds (pre-k class), Preschool class is right next to the Pre-K class so I see those teachers all the time. We all work together very closely.

SO earlier this week, mornin time, I was chatting with some of the teachers from Preschool and also some of the other teachers from my same class. I told them I had gone out on a date about a week ago and I was tellin them what we did, where we went and how it was.

Anyway, it leads back to this one girl (who i've always been interested in, Call her A.)
    and when I see her in the afternoon she starts teasing me and trying to find out how the date went and what not. I basically ignored her and went about what I was doing. I see her again with one of the other teachers and they are both teasing about the date and then A just throws it out their and says Yea we should go on a date too. I just looked at her and was like 'What?!' cause I didn't believe her but she was serious...She said lets go on a date. I was basically like OK

Next Day - I tease her and tell her what how many years did it take you to ask me out? She was with the other teachers and she was like oh why does the girl have to do it and I was like because nowadays ladies are taking the incentive and asking the guys out. They all laughed when I said it. One of the other teachers tried to throw a dagger in their by throwin a remark about building the guys ego and whatever but i was like nah, you know I don't have an ego.
    After that we made plans to go to this place like a sports bar next weekend.

So now I'm like Wow....This is a girl that I've always had my eye on but I never pursued it LIKE THAT because we work so close together but now Its like I don't really care anymore. I've come to the point where I think I can manage it so work would not be a problem besides we got along well when we are working together.

But I'm wondering how can I make this last for the long run?? Going out on one date with her will definately make me want more of her. I'm definately physically attracted to her and I'm already like having :naughty: thoughts. HA!

One of the teachers teased me yesterday saying is A going to be the first person to see your new apartment. I said to myself wow...that would be monie. A man can dream, lol

BTW, I have been out with A before but only in the group thing, either with her friends or people from work. Never just her and me. I've known her for years and I actually had both of her younger sisters in Kindergarten and Pre-K as students.

2. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

The workplace romance and in a setting where the teachers are evidently somewhat gossipy (?). I've seen it work (quite well) and also seen it blow up. Tread carefully.

3. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Dude, you have to totally bust her balls over the whole situation. Tell her she has obviously had a crush on you for like ever, and she is a borderline stalker. Then tell her you are 'this' close to dumping her over every little thing so she needs to watch what she does. It all has to happen in a fun joking way.

4. 5.0 Stanger

5.0 Stanger New Member

you can tell you listen to the junkies in the morning

5. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

:wtf: Please explain this to me?

6. keleko

keleko yes, he is

server is damn slow...

7. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

In the style of what is quoted below.

He actually missed a chance to tease more at the end with the whole ego thing, but overall it worked well. He always has an answer for what she threw at him.

bandwagon is recommending that Guz continue to do this type of teasing, and not to stop now that the girl has shown interest and become the "nice guy."

8. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Just treat her like a man should treat a woman in any other normal relationship.

In dating, it usually isn't what you say, or even how she reacts, but how you react to how she reacts. The same principle applies to dating with people at work.

You both have to promise each other not to talk about your relationship at work. After she tells everyone how bad you are in bed, because she is a woman and she is going to talk about your relationship no matter what she says, then you just have to be cool about it.

When someone asks you about something to do with your relationship, they are waiting to see your reaction. If you don't care, then nobody else will either. Just avoid the office politics, don't talk about your relationship or give anyone any information to talk about, and you'll be fine.

9. Guz200sx

Oh Yea, I definately don't want to become the "nice guy" or something like that. I definately want to stay the teaser in a fun way. That shit is hard sometimes though especially if I like them enough I start asking myself, is that mean too say that?? So it becomes that I start second guessing myself on what I should say.

I do tease one of the other teachers (this is the lady that bought up the ego thing) in the Preschool room ALL THE TIME and I can sense that, THAT teacher has something for me but the feeling isn't mutual.

And oh I definately know I blew the ego thing....but that was one of those times that I just drew a blank on what I could say back to them.

And A asked me to a thing this Saturday nite...Apparently, her and her friends are going to a Haunted Forest or something. It sounded hella cool but I also have a Halloween party to go too with some other people so I dunno what i'm gonna do.

10. Guz200sx

HAHA, was it THAT obvious?!