I'm starting to get really pissed off not having a bike

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by dry3210, Jun 20, 2004.

1. dry3210

dry3210 New Member

I was cut off just over 2 weeks ago by some guy and I crashed (not into him but because of him)

Anyway he never called his insurance and refused to talk to mine so it took two weeks just to get both insurance companies involved and the ball rolling.

The bike hasn't even begun the process of repair

Every nice day and every nice night is driving me nuts. Especially when I see people riding or someone brings my bike up. AHHH

I want my bike...I want to ride...even having it in the garage and not riding is better then not having it here at all and having no idea when I will get it back.

THIS SUCKS

2. dry3210

dry3210 New Member

Heres the post about what happened (I'm pretty sure I posted it here but maybe not cause I didn't see it and I'm too lazy to look hard)

I was driving along a road and traffic was backed up going the opposite way and a guy in a parking lot on the other side of the street pulled out in between traffic and must not have seen me and pulled right into the lane. I hit the brakes and locked the tire up and knew I couldn't stop in time so I manage to steer...err slide off road but once I hit the gravel the bike threw me off and flipped itself. I ended up landing on my knee and then smacking down on my head and side some. I went to the hospital and they said I wasn't dead.

Anyway the real CRAP part is this. The cop said that most likely his insurance is gonna laugh at me and I'm going to have to pay for everything, bike and medical. Basically...I avoided the accident the guy caused and caused my own by myself by avoiding him. So even though it was all caused by him because I value my life and opted for grass over his car and didn't run into him he'd probably not have any involvement insurance wise. Here are the pics....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I just waxed her too. Anyway I'm hoping a lot of it is just dirt but obviously almost if not all of the fairings are screwed, the case on the side, the rear seat, the tank, the wind,screen, poor bike, still rides though.

3. s a x m a n

s a x m a n New Member

that looks plenty rideable thought ... just looks like faring damage

4. SBandit4

SBandit4 If shit hits the fan, just make sure you have a go

Hope ya get back on the road soon, and I know the feeling. After crashing 3 months ago, my bike is finally road worthy again. Now, I just have to wait for my suit to come back from the repair shop.:)

5. dry3210

dry3210 New Member

It was mostly fairing damage - every fairing - but silly me thought "hey I'll speed this process along and take it in for an estimate". Not realizing the other guy wasn't going to cooperate with the insurances and make things take forever. Tomorrow I'm going to go get the bike so I can ride and tell the place I'll bring it back when the situation is all figured out and the parts are in.

6. Esp69st

Esp69st Who's talking about OIL... bitch you cooking

sorry to hear about this... stupid fucker's...

if you have the extra cash you can fix it your self and have the insurance reimbursed you... therefore you don't have to wait for them to come around...

7. dry3210

dry3210 New Member

I wish I had the extra cash...they wanted to total it. Estimate came to $5700. I picked the bike up today so I can ride it while I wait for the insurance to get off their but and send the check out so the parts can be ordered

8. allen2oo3

allen2oo3 New Member

damn that sucks...i love that color combo on the r6 :hs:

9. bagged

bagged monsta truck

$5700 you have got to be fucking kidding me.