MIL I'm sorry about this, I just gotta know....

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by EYOB, Sep 7, 2006.

?

Does the plane take off ??

1. The plane takes off

50.0%
  2. The plane does not take off

40.0%
  3. I'm not sure

10.0%
  4. Go fuck yourself !!

20.0%
  5. I touch myself at night

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EYOB

EYOB Guest

What is 'Teh Barracks' Crew's overall opinion:

Does the plane take off ??

:noes:

2. clever_username

clever_username Active Member

takes off. what do you think?

3. EYOB

EYOB Guest

After constant bickering in the main forum, I'm gonna go with....

I still don't completly understand it, but I'll try to figure it out later. Right now, my eyes hurt. And I don't feel like thinking too hard about it right now.

4. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

If you are wearing rollerblades and you are sitting on treadmill going 100mph to the rear but you are holding on to a rope that is anchored to the wall in front of you...can you pull yourself forward?

5. smokie700

smokie700 right near da beach, Boiiiii

I don't think so because the airplane needs air over the wings to create lift. If it is standing still on the conveyor, then where is it getting its windspeed?

I read a lot of the peoples comments saying that it would take off but most of them think so because the plane will over power the conveyor. I'm making my opinion based of the fact that the plane doesn't create any type of forward movement.

6. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

Why wouldn't it create forward movement? It's not like it's moving forward via a driveline like a car. The wheels of the airplane move indepent of the forward motion of the plane fueselage and thusly the wings ....where the engines are. Planes create forward movement through the production of thrust and that thrust enacts force on the air environment that surrounds the fuselage of the airplane. Regardless if the wheels are rotating to the reverse, the plane will move forward relevant to a third POV independent of the fuselage and conveyor belt.

7. smokie700

but the intial thrust of the plane is used to move wheels forward in order to create windspeed. If the conveyor never allows the plane's wheels to move forward to create the proper landspeed, which in turn creates the air flowing over the wings, How does the plane get any lift.

I do get what you mean about the planes engines acting independantly of the wheels but if the plane never makes forward motion then it will not be able to move air over the wings. no air over wings = no lift

8. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

Smokie, the engines have nothing to do with the wheels, therefor the thrust of the engines is acting upon the air, not the wheels or the belt. It pushed against the air, moving forward = air over wings = lift.

9. smokie700

I understand that, but the engines create thrust in order to move foward with the wheels. I know the engine doesn't power the wheels but the wheels moving forward create forward motion. If the plane is never allowed to move foward because the wheels remain stationary from the conveyor then how will the plane have foward motion move (from point a to point b) in order to generate lift. The engines may not power the wheels but it needs them to move forward in order for air to move over the wings and create lift.

10. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

A glitch in the matrix causes the wheels to become flying snails, lifting the plane into the 6th dimension and propelling it backwards in time to just before WWII in Nazi Germany.

Hitler develops long range bombers by reverse engineering, and now owns the world.

He sent your mother to a concentration camp before you were born, where she died.

You aren't really here, and this thread does not exist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.